Arif Zakaria at I am the Best Premiere
11 November 1966
Mumbai, maharashtra, India
Zakaria began acting in theatre while in college and later moved on to television and films. He has acted in numerous television serials in the last decade including Chunauti, Karambhoomi, Mrityudand, Dhund, Aarzoo, Campus, Kaali - Ek Agnipariksha etc. He has acted in diverse roles in films like Darmiyaan, Hero, Asambhav, Dance Like a Man (English). He has also travelled the globe since 2005 with the Australian musical show Merchants of Bollywood', performing major roles in the production across Europe, China, France, Poland, Hong Kong, Singapore and Australia (the last season in Sydney in 2010).
He portrayed Rustom Sethna in Deepa Mehta's Earth/1947 and Major Dhillon in Shyam Benegal's Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose: The Forgotten Hero. He also appeared in Home Delivery: Aapko... Ghar Tak, Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi, Deewaar and the Shah Rukh Khan film My Name is Khan.
In 2011, he played the ghost that haunts the female protagonist in Vikram Bhatt's Haunted and was appreciated for the ghastly portrayal of a piano teacher falling in love with his young student who gets murdered while making advances towards her and rapes her as a ghost which forces her to commit suicide in the movie. He played the role of a police officer in the Sunny Leone starrer Jism 2 He also appeared in Krrish 3 as Dr. Varun Shetty and in the film Lootera. Other releases of his are 'Dee Saturday Night', Darr at the Mall, Blue Mountain (all 2014) and Nanak Shah Fakir, Ishq Forever (both 2015). He is also acting in the play Gardish Mein Taare directed by Saif Hyder Hasan, which is based on the life of Guru Dutt.
- Srirekha, N. C. (26 June 1997) A eunuch opportunity. Rediff.com. Retrieved on 26 October 2013.
- Arif Raises A Toast. Financialexpress.com (2 February 2003). Retrieved on 26 October 2013.
- Poetic perspectives. Hindu.com (26 April 2008). Retrieved on 26 October 2013.
- I like films more: Arif Zakaria. Indiatimes.com (22 April 2008). Retrieved on 26 October 2013.
- Broken link
- Jha, Subhash K. (25 April 2009) KJo denied permission to shoot in LA mosque. Mid-day.com. Retrieved on 26 October 2013.