Uwanja wa Ndege wa Arusha (Swahili)
|Owner||Government of Tanzania|
|Operator||Tanzania Airports Authority|
|Hub for||Air Excel |
|Elevation AMSL||4,550 ft / 1,387 m|
Arusha Airport (IATA: ARK, ICAO: HTAR) is an airport serving Arusha, the capital of the Arusha Region of Tanzania. The airport is currently undergoing an expansion, which includes a new apron and terminal building.
Airlines and destinations
Arusha airport is served by six airlines at the moment. Table below as follows:
|Year||Passengers||Aircraft movements||Cargo (kg)|
|Source: Tanzania Airports Authority|
Accidents and incidents
- On 18 December 2013, an Ethiopian Airlines Boeing 767 (ET-AQW) flight from Addis Ababa to Kilimanjaro International Airport made an unscheduled landing at the airport after it failed to land at its destination. The runway is shorter than the 767 is normally able to operate from. Consequently, it overran the end of the runway which resulted in the airport being closed for a short time. A few days later it was flown  empty to Kilimanjaro International Airport. no ils approach might have been a clue, as well as dme to JRO
- "Tanzania airport traffic statistics until 2015". taa.go.tz. Tanzania Airport Authority. Archived from the original on 20 August 2016. Retrieved 11 August 2016.
- "List of Aerodromes in Tanzania" (PDF). Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority. Archived from the original (PDF) on 5 April 2013. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- Airport information for ARK at Great Circle Mapper.
- Google Maps - Arusha
- "New Apron, Terminal Building for Arusha Airport". Arusha Times. 18 January 2014. Retrieved 21 September 2014.
- "Arusha NDB (AR) @ OurAirports". ourairports.com. Retrieved 2018-08-28.
- "SkyVector: Flight Planning / Aeronautical Charts". skyvector.com. Retrieved 2018-08-28.
- "TAA traffic consolidated statistics". taa.go.tz. Tanzania Airport Authority. Archived from the original on 20 August 2016. Retrieved 15 August 2016.
- "Ethiopian Airlines Flight ET-815 of 18 December 2013" (Press release). 18 December 2013. Archived from the original on 2013-12-19. Retrieved 2013-12-18.
- THOME, WOLFGANG H. (18 December 2013). "ETHIOPIAN AIRLINES IN UNSCHEDULED LANDING AT ARUSHA MUNICIPAL FIELD". eturbonews.com. Retrieved 18 December 2013.
- jitu korofi (2013-12-20), bad ass pilot took off 767 with less than a kilometer, retrieved 2018-08-28
- "YouTube". Retrieved 2018-08-28.
- "VIDEO: Stranded Ethiopian 767 extracted from Arusha". Flightglobal.com. 2013-12-20. Retrieved 2018-08-28.
- OpenStreetMap - Arusha
- OurAirports - Arusha
- General airport information
- Accident history for Arusha Airport at Aviation Safety Network
- on YouTube