Austin station (MTR)
|MTR rapid transit station|
Exterior of station building in 2011
|Location||Wui Cheung Road × Wui Man Road, Kwun Chung
Yau Tsim Mong District, Hong Kong
|Owned by||KCR Corporation|
|Operated by||MTR Corporation|
|Platforms||2 (1 island platform)|
Austin (Chinese: 柯士甸; Cantonese Yale: Ōsihdīn) is an underground MTR rapid transit station on the West Rail Line in Hong Kong, situated perpendicular to Wui Cheung Road and Austin Road West, and formerly adjacent to Jordan Road Ferry Pier Bus Terminus. It is the only intermediate station along the Kowloon Southern Link project, built to connect the West Rail Line and East Rail Line. Construction was finished in July 2009 and the station opened on 16 August 2009.
|1||Northern concourse||Exit B5, footbridge to Jordan Road, Lin Cheung Road, Elements, Kowloon Station|
|Southern concourse||Staff-only area|
|G||Northern concourse||Exit B, Wui Cheung Road|
|Southern concourse||Exit D, Wui Man Road, transport interchange, taxi stand|
|S||Austin Road West subway||Exit F, subway to Austin Road, Austin Road West, Canton Road, The Victoria Towers, China Ferry Terminal|
|C||Concourse||Customer services, MTR Shops, toilets, Exit A|
|Jordan Road subway||Subway to Canton Road, Jordan Road, Ferry Street|
|P||Platform 1||West Rail line towards Tuen Mun (Nam Cheong) →|
|Island platform, doors will open on the right|
|Platform 2||← West Rail line towards Hung Hom (East Tsim Sha Tsui)|
The station has two tracks and one island platform. The surface station building is divided into two parts by Wui Cheung Road. It was located adjacent to the Canton Road Government Offices until that structure was demolished in 2011. As of 2014, construction on an MTR residential property development, The Austin, is well underway on the site of the former government offices.
During early construction stages, the station was temporarily named "West Kowloon Station" (Chinese: 九龍西站). The construction contract KDB200 (West Kowloon Station and Tunnels – Jordan Road to East Tsim Sha Tsui Station) was awarded to the Leighton-Balfour Beatty-Kumagai-John Holland Joint Venture (renamed to "Link 200 Joint Venture" on 9 August 2005) at an estimated contract sum of HK$2.018 billion. This station is part of this contract.
By interchanging between Kowloon and Austin stations, Airport Express passengers using Octopus cards can connect to the MTR urban lines for free, immediately before or after the Airport Express journey. Airport Express passengers can travel around the two stations by walking through Exit B5 of this station or using the complimentary Airport Express shuttle bus service. However, it only provides out-of-system connection to Kowloon Station for Tung Chung Line passengers.
The station design includes provision for a direct connection to the West Kowloon Terminus, which is under construction and scheduled to be completed in 2018.
- Northern concourse
- A: Jordan Road
- B1/B2/B3: Wui Cheung Road
- B5: Elements, Kowloon Station
- Southern concourse
- 12: Hoi Lai Estate ↔ Tsim Sha Tsui East (Mody Road)
- 36B: Lei Muk Shue ↔ Jordan (To Wah Road)
- 42A: Cheung Hang ↔ Jordan (To Wah Road)
- 46: Lai Yiu ↔ Jordan (To Wah Road)
- 60X: Tuen Mun Central ↔ Jordan (To Wah Road)
- 63X: Hung Shui Kiu (Hung Fuk Estate) ↔ Jordan (To Wah Road)
- 69X: Tin Shui ↔ Jordan (To Wah Road)
- 81: Wo Che ↔ Jordan (To Wah Road)
- 95: Tsui Lam ↔ Jordan (To Wah Road)
- 215X: Lam Tin (Kwong Tin Estate) ↔ Kowloon Station
- 260X: Po Tin ↔ Hung Hom Station
- 268B: Long Ping Station ↔ Hung Hom Ferry
- 268X: Hung Shui Kiu (Hung Fuk Estate) ↔ Jordan (To Wah Road)
- 269B: Tin Shui Wai Town Centre ↔ Hung Hom Ferry
- 281A: Kwong Yuen ↔ Kowloon Station
- 296D: Sheung Tak ↔ Kowloon Station
- Cross-harbour buses
- 110: Shau Kei Wan ↺ Tsim Sha Tsui East (Mody Road)
- 914: Hoi Lai Estate ↔ Causeway Bay (Tin Hau)
- 970: So Uk ↔ Cyberport
- 970X: So Uk ↔ Aberdeen
- 971: Hoi Lai Estate ↔ Shek Pai Wan Estate
- 971R: Cyberport ↺ Mong Kok (Bute Street)
- 973: Tsim Sha Tsui East ↔ Stanley Market
- 26: Kowloon Station ↔ To Kwa Wan (Chi Kiang Street)
- 74: Kowloon Station ↺ Mong Kok
- 74S: Kowloon Station ↺ Ho Man Tin Hill
- 77M: Kowloon Station ↔ East Tsim Sha Tsui Station
- 78: Island Harbourview ↺ Tsim Sha Tsui (Peking Street)
- "Projects – Kowloon Southern Link". MTR Corporation Limited. 2008. Archived from the original on 8 July 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-07.
- Jordan Road Ferry Concourse
- "Austin Station layout" (PDF). MTR Corporation. Retrieved 30 October 2016.
- Press release "Kowloon Southern Link to open in third quarter 2009", 10 July 2009
- West Rail Line Extension Passenger Guide, MTR
- "Austin Station street map" (PDF). MTR Corporation. Retrieved 30 October 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Austin Station (MTR).|