|Literal meaning||"Red Cliff"|
Hung Hom (Cantonese pronunciation: [hȍŋ hɐ̄m]) is an area in the southeast of Kowloon Peninsula, Hong Kong. Including the area of Whampoa, Tai Wan, Hok Yuen, Lo Lung Hang and No. 12 Hill are administratively part of the Kowloon City District, with a portion west of Hung Hom Bay in the Yau Tsim Mong District. Hung Hom serves mainly residential purposes, but it is mixed with some industrial buildings in the north.
Originally, Hung Hom was much smaller than the present-day context. Hung Hom Bay has been partially reclaimed several times since 1850, expanding the area of Hung Hom as a consequence. Rumsey Rock, formerly located in the bay, was buried in the reclamation process. Later a town was developed eastward parallel to the Hong Kong and Whampoa Dock.
- French International School of Hong Kong (Victor Segalen) Hung Hom Campus
- Holy Angels Canossian School
- Holy Carpenter Secondary School
- Hong Kong Community College (Hung Hom Bay campus)
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Ma Tau Chung Government Primary School（Hung Hom Bay）
- Chatham Gate
- Harbour Place
- Harbourfront Horizon
- Harbourview Horizon
- The Harbourfront Landmark
- Hunghom Bay Centre
- Hunghom Gardens
- La Lumiere
- Laguna Verde
- The Metropolis Residence
- Royal Peninsula
- Stars by the Harbour
- Star Ruby
- The Vantage
- Whampoa Estate
- Whampoa Garden
- Public housing estates in Hung Hom
- Hong Kong Coliseum
- Hung Hom Municipal Building, which includes the Hung Hom Library, Hung Hom Municipal Building Sports Centre, and the Hung Hom Market with a cooked food centre
- Hung Hom Fire Station
- Two post offices and the International Mail Centre
- Hutchison Park, a small park located in a built up residential area once occupied by docklands and fill-in to create more land for residential use.
- Tai Wan Shan Park, Tai Wan Shan Swimming Pool
- Hung Hum Promenade
- Hong Kong Police Traffic Kowloon West Base
- Fortune Metropolis, a shopping mall in Hung Hom Bay
- The Whampoa, a shopping centre in Whampoa Garden
- Lux Theatre
- Hotels, including Kerry Hotel Hong Kong, Harbour Grand Kowloon and Harbour Plaza Metropolis
- Kwun Yum Temple. Built in 1873. Grade II historic building
- Pak Tai Temple, located at No. 146 Ma Tau Wai Road. Built in 1876. Grade III historic building
- Holy Carpenter Church (Anglican)
- St. Mary's Church (Catholic)
- True World Lutheran Church
Hung Hom is served by the Hung Hom station of the MTR. The station serves as the southern terminus of both East Rail line and West Rail line, as well as the terminus of cross-border services with destinations to major cities in China.
The Cross-Harbour Tunnel was the first road tunnel in Hong Kong that was built under water. It opened in 1972, and it connects Hong Kong Island and Kowloon at Kellett Island and a reclaimed site at Hung Hom Bay, respectively.
- New World First Ferry: North Point Ferry Pier - Hung Hom Ferry Pier (HK$6.5)
- Fortune Ferry: Central Ferry Pier - Hung Hom Ferry Pier (HK$9)
There are three bus terminals in Hung Hom. Many buses serve the area.
- Solely-operated cross harbour route: 108
- Cross harbour routes operated with Citybus: 102, 102P, 103, 107, 107P, 117, 118, 118P, 170, 171, 182
- Cross harbour routes operated with New World First Bus: 101, 101R, 102R, 104, 106, 106P, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 115, 115P, 116, 301, N121;
- Non-cross harbour routes: 2E, 3B, 5, 5A, 5C, 5D, 6C, 6F, 7B, 8, 8A, 8P, 11, 11K, 11X, 12A, 12P, 13X, 14, 15, 15X, 21, 26, 28, 30X, 41, 45, 85X, 85S, 87D, 93K, 98D, 219X, 224X, 230X, 260X, 268B, 269B, 271S, 287D, 296D, 297, N41X, N216, N241, N271, N281;
- New World First Bus: 796X.
- Citybus: A20, A21, A22, A23, E23, E23A, R22, R11, N11, N21X, N23.
- Minibus routes: 2, 2A, 6, 6A, 6X, 8, 13.
- Philip Snow: The Fall of Hong Kong. 2003. ISBN 0300093527 page 159
- "Campuses - Hung Hom." Lycée Français International Victor Segalen. Retrieved on 25 January 2015. "68 Gillies Avenue South, Hung Hom, Hong Kong"
- Chinese Temples Committee: Kwun Yum Temple, Hung Hom
- Chinese Temples Committee: Pak Tai Temple, Hok Un Kok
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hung Hom.|