Australian cricket team in England in 1890
The Australian cricket team in England in 1890 played 34 first-class matches including 2 Tests (a third Test was abandoned due to bad weather without play ever starting).
Test series summary
England won the Test series 2-0:
- 1st Test (Lord's Cricket Ground) – England won by 7 wickets
- 2nd Test (The Oval) – England won by 2 wickets
- 3rd Test (Old Trafford Cricket Ground) – abandoned without a ball being bowled
As in 1884, the Australians had stopovers in Colombo en route and on the return voyage they played a match at Galle Face Green against the Ceylon national team, though it was not a first-class fixture at that time. The match was drawn.
- "Australia in England 1890". CricketArchive. Retrieved 24 June 2014. (Subscription required (. ))
- James Lillywhite's Cricketers' Annual (Red Lilly) 1891
- Wisden Cricketers' Almanack 1891
- Bill Frindall, The Wisden Book of Test Cricket 1877-1978, Wisden, 1979
- Chris Harte, A History of Australian Cricket, Andre Deutsch, 1993
- Ray Robinson, On Top Down Under, Cassell, 1975
|This article about an international cricket tour of England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|