Baldwin 0-6-6-0 1000
|Baldwin 0-6-6-0 1000/1 DE|
|Builder||Baldwin Locomotive Works|
|Model||0-6-6-0 1000/1 DE|
|AAR wheel arr.||C-C|
|Gauge||5 ft (1,524 mm)|
|Locomotive weight||122.6 t (120.7 long tons; 135.1 short tons)|
|Generator||736 kW (987 hp)|
|Traction motors||DC traction motors 4x181 kW (243 hp)|
|Top speed||60 mph (97 km/h)|
|Power output||1,000 hp (746 kW)|
|Locomotive brake||Straight air|
The Baldwin 0-6-6-0 1000/1 DE is a cab unit diesel-electric locomotive built by Baldwin Locomotive Works in 1945. The 0-6-6-0 1000/1 DEs were powered by an eight-cylinder diesel engine rated at 1,000 horsepower (746 kW), and rode on a pair of three-axle trucks in a C-C wheel arrangement. 30 of these models were built for Soviet Railways, today Russian Railways, as Class Дб (transliterated as Class Db).
||former US Army 2460–2489|
- The Museum of the Moscow Railway, at Paveletsky Rail Terminal, Moscow
- Rizhsky Rail Terminal, Home of the Moscow Railway Museum
- Varshavsky Rail Terminal, St.Petersburg, Home of the Central Museum of Railway Transport, Russian Federation
- History of rail transport in Russia
- "The Baldwin Diesel Zone - Magazine Article". Retrieved 26 February 2009.
- "The Baldwin Diesel Zone - Export Diesels". Retrieved 26 February 2009.
- Extra 2200 South Baldwin Tally part 1 by Dick Will pages 23–24 October November 1970.