Beckton District Park South
Beckton District Park South is a public park in Beckton in the London Borough of Newham. Beckton District Park and Newham City Farm are a Site of Borough Importance for Nature Conservation, Grade II.
It has two parts, separated by the Will Thorne Pavilion and a car park. The south-eastern part is a large grassed area with football pitches, a children's playground and a small pond. North-west is a hilly area managed for nature conservation with a wildflower meadow and woods.
There is access from Stansfeld Road, Harper Road, and Tollgate Road (which separates the park from Beckton District Park North). Also from Strait Road and from the walkway from Beckton DLR station.
New Beckton Park
New Beckton Park is a neighbouring small park. It has a grassed area with sports pitches, a running track and outdoor exercise equipment. There is access from Savage Gardens.
- London Borough of Newham, Find your local park Archived March 25, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Beckton District Park and Newham City Farm". Greenspace Information for Greater London. 2006. Retrieved 10 September 2012.[permanent dead link]
- Kids Fun London, Beckton District Park South
- Capital Ring, Section 14 Archived 2011-10-01 at the Wayback Machine.
- Capital Ring, Section 15 Archived 2011-11-24 at the Wayback Machine.
- Kids Fun London, New Beckton Park