Star Lane DLR station
|Local authority||London Borough of Newham|
|Managed by||Docklands Light Railway|
|Number of platforms||2|
|Fare zone||2 and 3|
|DLR annual boardings and alightings|
|Original company||Transport for London|
|31 August 2011||Opened |
|Lists of stations|
|London transport portal|
Star Lane is a Docklands Light Railway (DLR) station in Canning Town, east London. Located on the Stratford International extension of the Docklands Light Railway between Stratford and Canning Town, it opened on 31 August 2011.
The station is on the original route of the Eastern Counties and Thames Junction Railway, which opened between Stratford and Canning Town in 1846. The line became part of, what is now known as, the North London Line in 1979. The Eastern Counties and Thames Junction Railway had four tracks over this section of route. The western pair were redeveloped as part of an extension to the London Underground's Jubilee line in 1999 and the eastern pair, which carried the North London Line, were cut back at Stratford in 2006. The tracks were converted for use as part of the Docklands Light Railway and the station was constructed with two platforms.
The station is an island platform under a footbridge. Some junction changes around Manor Road and Star Lane have been implemented with a small amount of land taken on the corner of Star Primary School. A new pedestrian crossing on Star Lane has been installed. The footbridge, known locally as "the peggy leggy steps", has been replaced.
Star Lane DLR Station serves the Star Lane area in North Canning Town. It is located just north of the Canning Interchange which includes the bus station, Jubilee line, other DLR services and the road junction where the A13, A1011 and A124 all meet. In 2012, it was opposite the Uniform Distribution and Accreditation Centre for the Olympics.
Off-peak, trains run every ten minutes between Stratford International to the North and Beckton to the South. In the peak hours trains run every eight minutes between Stratford International and Woolwich Arsenal.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Star Lane DLR station.|
- Transport for London (12 February 2013). "Freedom of Information DLR usage 1213". Transport for London. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- "Up-to-date DLR entry/exit statistics for each station" (XLSX). What Do They Know. Transport for London. 18 March 2016. Retrieved 2 April 2016.
- "Passenger Numbers - Docklands Light Railway Limited" (XLSX (after downloading zip)). What Do They Know. Transport for London. 8 June 2017. Retrieved 11 September 2017.
- "Docklands Light Railway extension marks one year to go to the London 2012 Paralympic Games". Retrieved 31 August 2011.
- Docklands Light Railway - Stratford International Extension Archived 22 February 2010 at the Wayback Machine.
- Newham Recorder
- Newham Story Archived 14 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine.
- "DLR frequencies". Transport for London. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
|Preceding station||DLR||Following station|
towards Stratford International
|Docklands Light Railway|