|Role||Airborne Early Warning and Control (AEW&C)|
|Manufacturer||Beriev / JSC Vega|
|First flight||18 November 2017|
|Primary user||Russian Air Force|
|Developed from||Il-76MD-90A (Il-476)|
The Beriev A-100 is a Russian-built airborne early warning and control (AEW&C) aircraft based on the Il-76MD-90A transport aircraft. This aircraft is developed to replace the Beriev A-50 in Russian Air Force service. Avionics and configuration will be similar to the A-50U, but with a new Vega Premier Active Phased Array Radar.
Design and development
The A-100 is designated as the izdeliye PM, a project meant to develop a replacement for the A-50 AEW&C aircraft. The aircraft is based on the improved Il-76MD-90A, which is equipped with new PS-90A-76 turbofan engines that are 15% more powerful than the D-30KP used by the Il-76. The external shape of the A-100 will be similar to the A-50, with the main radar array housed in a rotating dome mounted on two struts above the fuselage. The new Vega Premier AESA radar in the dome will have electronic steering in elevation while azimuth is controlled by the rotation of the dome. The array will rotate once every 5 seconds, thus improving the radar's ability to track fast moving targets.
It can detect aerial targets more than 370 miles away and warships nearly 250 miles away.
- Length: 46.59 m (152 ft 10 in)
- Wingspan: 50.5 m (165 ft 8 in)
- Height: 14.76 m (48 ft 5 in)
- Wing area: 300 m2 (3,200 sq ft)
- Powerplant: 4 × Aviadvigatel PS-90-76 turbofan engines, 142 kN (32,000 lbf) thrust each 
- Maximum speed: 900 km/h (560 mph, 490 kn)
- Maximum speed: Mach 0.82
Aircraft of comparable role, configuration and era
- E-3 Sentry (Block G)
- "Russia's latest radar aircraft performs debut flight - designer". TASS. 18 November 2017. Retrieved 18 November 2017.
- "Beriev delivers first upgraded A-50U Mainstay". Air Forces Monthly (286): 28. January 2012.
- Butowski, Piotr. "Model Reveals A-100 Configuration". Air International, April 2014. Retrieved: 21 July 2014.
- "Bristling with Antennas, Russia's A-100 is Likely More Than Just a New Radar Plane".
- "IL76TD PS90".