|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Bershad (Ukrainian: Бершадь, translit., Bershad’), is a town in the Vinnytsia Oblast (province) of western Ukraine. It is the administrative center of the predominantly-agricultural Bershad Raion (district). Population: 13,038 (2015 est.)
Before World War II, the city had an important Jewish community. Many Jews worldwide bear a "Bershidsky/Bershadsky" surname referring to the town. Most Bershad Jews were murdered in the Holocaust during the World War Two Nazi occupation of Ukraine.
- "Чисельність наявного населення України (Actual population of Ukraine)" (PDF) (in Ukrainian). State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Retrieved 1 July 2016.
- (Ukrainian) Bershad RADA - Bershad Local Council
- (Ukrainian) Bershad RDA - Bershad Raion State Administration
- (Ukrainian) Bershad city and Bershad's district - portal of Bershad
- (Ukrainian) portal of Bershad city - portal of Bershad city
- (Russian) Bershad. Electronic Jewish encyclopedia
|This article about a location in Vinnytsia Oblast is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|