Bethel Heights, Arkansas
|Bethel Heights, Arkansas|
Location in Benton County and the state of Arkansas
|• Total||2.39 sq mi (6.19 km2)|
|• Land||2.37 sq mi (6.15 km2)|
|• Water||0.02 sq mi (0.04 km2)|
|Elevation||1,348 ft (411 m)|
|• Density||1,000/sq mi (386.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0076320|
Bethel Heights is a city in Benton County, Arkansas, United States. The population was 2,372 at the 2010 census, up from 714 at the 2000 census. It is part of the Fayetteville–Springdale–Rogers, AR-MO Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Bethel Heights is located in southern Benton County at  It is bordered by Springdale to the east, south, and west, and by Lowell to the north. U.S. Route 71 (Thompson Street) runs north–south along the western side of the city, and Arkansas Highway 264 runs east–west through the center of the city.(36.222843, -94.127671).
As of 2010 Bethel Heights had a population of 2,372. The racial and ethnic composition of the population was 49.7% non-Hispanic white, 1.9% black or African American, 1.4% Native American, 3.0% Asian, 8.3% Pacific Islander, 21.6% from some other race, 2.2% from two or more races and 34.7% Hispanic or Latino.
As of the census of 2000, there were 714 people, 251 households, and 211 families residing in the town. The population density was 109.4/km² (282.8/mi²). There were 261 housing units at an average density of 40.0/km² (103.4/mi²). The racial makeup of the town was 92.16% White, 1.54% Native American, 2.52% Asian, 1.82% from other races, and 1.96% from two or more races. 3.36% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 251 households out of which 42.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 78.1% were married couples living together, 3.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 15.9% were non-families. 13.9% of all households were made up of individuals and 7.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.84 and the average family size was 3.10.
In the town the population was spread out with 28.6% under the age of 18, 5.2% from 18 to 24, 31.0% from 25 to 44, 24.2% from 45 to 64, and 11.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 35 years. For every 100 females there were 103.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 103.2 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $48,750, and the median income for a family was $51,172. Males had a median income of $33,438 versus $26,625 for females. The per capita income for the town was $19,001. About 1.9% of families and 4.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 1.8% of those under age 18 and 11.4% of those age 65 or over.
Bethel Heights is part of the Springdale Public Schools. There are twenty-one schools in the district, including thirteen elementary schools, three middle schools, three junior high schools and two high schools.
Dr. Jim Rollins is the Superintendent of Schools.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Bethel Heights city, Arkansas". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved September 20, 2013.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2015". Retrieved July 2, 2016.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Archived from the original on May 12, 2015. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2015". Retrieved June 26, 2016.
- 2010 general profile of population and housing characteristics of Bethel Heights from the US census
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Springdale Public Schools". Springdale Public Schools. Retrieved 2012-06-19.