Har-Ber High School
|Har-Ber High School|
|300 Jones Road
Springdale, Arkansas 72762
|School district||Springdale School District|
|NCES District ID||0512660|
|NCES School ID||051266001118|
|Teaching staff||111.45 (FTE)|
|Student to teacher ratio||16.10|
|Campus type||Rural; fringe|
|Athletics conference||7A West (2008-14)|
|Affiliation||Arkansas Activities Association (AAA)|
Har-Ber High School is a comprehensive public high school for grades ten through twelve serving the community of Springdale, Arkansas, United States. Har-Ber High School is the one of two high schools managed in Washington County by the Springdale School District; other is Springdale High School. Within the state, the school is also known as Springdale Har-Ber.
The demographic breakdown of the 1,794 students enrolled in 2013-14 was:
- Male - 54.0%
- Female - 46.0%
- Native American/Alaskan - 0.4%
- Asian/Pacific islanders - 7.6%
- Black - 1.4%
- Hispanic - 26.5%
- White - 62.5%
- Multiracial - 1.6%
39.2% of the students were eligible for free or reduced lunch.
The Har-Ber High School mascot is the wildcat and Navy blue and Carolina blue serve as the school colors. For the 2012-2014 seasons, the Har-Ber Wildcats participate in the state's largest classification (7A) within the 7A West Conference. Competition is primarily sanctioned by the Arkansas Activities Association with the Wildcats competing in baseball, basketball (boys/girls), competitive cheer, cross country, football, golf (boys/girls), soccer (boys/girls), softball, swimming (boys/girls), tennis (boys/girls, track and field, volleyball, and wrestling.
- Rhett Lashlee - college football coach, former volunteer quarterback coach at Har-Ber
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Springdale School District". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved Aug 21, 2012.
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Har-ber High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved Jan 2, 2016.
- "Accreditation Profile". AdvancED. Retrieved Jan 2, 2016.
- "Jones Truck Lines". Arkansas Encyclopedia of History & Culture. Retrieved 21 August 2012.
- "2012-14 AAA Classifications and Conferences" (PDF). Arkansas Activities Association. Retrieved 21 August 2012.
- "School Profile, Har-Ber High School". Arkansas Activities Association. Retrieved 21 August 2012.