Bhagyashree in 2015
|Born||Shrimant Rajkumari Bhagyashree Raje Patwardhan
23 February 1969
|Spouse(s)||Himalaya Dasani (m. 1990)|
|Parent(s)||Meherban Shrimant Rajasaheb Vijaysinghrao Madhavrao Patwardhan (father)|
Shrimant Akhand Soubhagyavati Rani Rohini Bhagyashree is indian actress. She is best known for her debut lead role in the film Maine Pyar Kiya for which she won the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut. She has appeared in Hindi and a few Kannada, Marathi, Telugu and some Bhojpuri films.
Bhagyashree hails from the Patwardhan royal Marathi family of Sangli in Maharashtra. Her father Vijay Singhrao Madhavrao Patwardhan, is the current Raja of Sangli. She is the eldest of three daughters, the other two being Madhuvanti and Purnima. She married with Sindhi Businessman Himalaya Dassani.
She started her acting career with Kachchi Dhoop – a television serial by Amol Palekar. It was based on Louisa Mary Alcott's Little Women. Her rendezvous with acting happened by chance when next door neighbor Amol Palekar, a renowned actor-director, requested her to step in and act in his serial Kacchi Dhoop as the actress who had been signed on had abandoned the serial abruptly. The serial did well and later on she had roles in Honi Anhoni and Kisse Miya Biwi Ke.
1990 : Rise to stardom in Hindi cinema
She is best known for her role in the 1989 blockbuster film Maine Pyaar Kiya with Salman Khan. After marriage, she acted in three films: Peepat's Qaid Main Hai Bulbul, K.C. Bokadia's Tyagi and Mahendra Shah's Payal all opposite her husband Himalaya in 1992. She also acted with Avinash Wadhawan in Ghar Aaya Mera Pardesi (1993). This was her last Hindi film in the 1990s and she took a break from films for rest of the decade. She made her Telugu debut in the film Yuvaratna Rana (1998).
She returned to Hindi films in 2001 with Hello Girls. She also acted in a Bhojpuri film Uthaile Ghoonghta Chand Dekhle (2005). She later appeared in Janani (2006), Humko Deewana Kar Gaye (2006) and Red Alert: The War Within (2008). After a gap of several years, she made a comeback to television with Aandhi Jasbaton Ki, where she played a politician. She was also seen in Didi Ka Dulha, a comedy serial on national broadcaster Doordarshan and a telefilm where she plays a blind person. She made her debut in Marathi films with the romantic comedy Zhak Marli Baiko Keli in June 2009. In 2014, she made her comeback to entertainment space with the TV serial Laut Aao Trisha aired on Life OK.
- Bhagyashree is the promoter of a media company Shrishti Entertainment with her husband.
- In March 2015, Bhagyashree became brand ambassador of the Bhagyashree Scheme, launched by the Government of Maharashtra. Bhagyashree Scheme caters to girl child from below poverty line families.
|1987||Kachchi Dhoop||Alka||Television debut|
|1987||Honi Anhoni||child artist|
|1987||Kisse Miya Biwi Ke||child artist|
|Unknown||Didi Ka Dulha||Lead role|
|1997||Aandhi Jasbaton Ki||Politician||Lead role|
|2002||Kaagaz Ki Kasti||Aarti||Lead role|
|2002||Jubilee Plus||Anchor (herself)||Reality Show|
|2002||Smriti||Sandhya Dhanrajgir||Lead role|
|2002||Tanha Dil Tanha Safar||Lead role|
|2003||Kabhie Kabhie||Sanobar Kabir||Episodic role|
|2004||Uff Yum Maa||Director|
|2009||Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 3||Contestant||Reality dance show|
|Unknown||Ujala||Business Women||Lead role|
|2014–2015||Laut Aao Trisha||Amrita Swaika||Lead role based on Adaptation of Donde Esta Elisa|
|2016||Koshish Se Kamyabi Tak||Guest||Talk show|
|1989||Maine Pyar Kiya||Suman||Winner—Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut
Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Actress
|1992||Qaid Mein Hai Bulbul||Pooja Choudhry|
|1992||Tyagi||Aarti Shakti Dayal|
|1993||Ghar Aaya Mera Pardesi||Roopa|
|1996||Mappillai Manasu Poopola||Vasanthi||Tamil film|
|1997||Ammavra Ganda||Kannada film|
|1997||Sautan Ki Sautan|
|1998||Rana||Dr. Kasthuri||Telugu film|
|2003||Maa Santoshi Maa|
|2005||Uthaile Ghoonghta Chand Dekhle||Bhojpuri film|
|2005||Ego Chumma Deda Rajaji||Bhojpuri film|
|2006||Humko Deewana Kar Gaye||Simran Kohli||Special appearance|
|2006||Gandugali Kumara Rama||Kannada film|
|2007||Janam Janam Ke Saath||Jyoti||Bhojpuri film|
|2007||Mumbai Aamchich||Marathi film|
|2009||Zhak Marli Bayko Keli||Marathi film|
|2010||Sati Behula||Bangladeshi film|
|2010||Red Alert: The War Within||Uma|
- 1990 – Nominated, Filmfare Award for Best Actress for Maine Pyar Kiya
- 1990 – Won, Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut for Main Pyar Kiya
- 2014 – Nominated, Indian Television Academy Awards for GR8! Performer of the Year - Female for Laut Aao Trisha
- IANS (13 July 2014). "I never went away from my fans: Bhagyashree". The Indian Express. Retrieved 17 July 2016.
- "Bhagyashree on comeback trail". The Times of India. 17 October 2007.
- "Salad moments!". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 29 December 2005.
- "'Patwardhan Royal Family'". Royal Ark.
- "Beyond the coyness...". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 19 March 2011.
- "' I like to know all the details of my role beforehand' : Bhagyashree". Indian Television Dot Com. 22 August 2002.
- "Bhagyashree: I have no regrets". Rediff. 22 January 2016. Retrieved 2016-07-17.
- "I'm happy to be known as 'Maine Pyar Kiya' girl: Bhagyashree". Yahoo!. Retrieved 22 October 2010.
- "Bhagyashree Patwardhan back to screens with Laut Aao Trisha". IANS. news.biharprabha.com. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- "Maharashtra Government launches Bhagyashree Scheme for girl child, to be linked with Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao Scheme". intoday.in.
- PTI. "'Bhagyashree' scheme for girls in Maharashtra". The Hindu Business Line.
- Hegde, Rajul (17 July 2014). "Bhagyashree: Salman is looking incredibly good now". Rediff. Retrieved 2016-07-17.
- "Bhagyashree Returns to Small Screen with Life OK's New Show". TellyTRP.in. 25 March 2014. Retrieved 25 March 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bhagyashree Patwardhan.|