Bishop Dwenger High School
|Bishop Dwenger High School|
|1300 E Washington Center Rd
Fort Wayne, Indiana, Allen County 46825
|Motto||Citizens of Two Worlds
("Everyone has a place here on earth and in heaven")
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Patron saint(s)||Mary Queen of All Saints|
|Founder||Most Rev. Leo A. Pursley|
|Chaplain||Father Bob Garrow|
|• Grade 9||275|
|• Grade 10||250|
|• Grade 11||256|
|• Grade 12||238|
|Average class size||25|
|Student to teacher ratio||15:1|
|Hours in school day||8 hours|
|Slogan||Citizens of Two Worlds|
|Fight song||"When the Saints Go Marching in"|
|Athletics||Football, Basketball, Swimming & Diving, Wrestling, Golf, Tennis, Rugby, Baseball, Softball, Lacrosse, Ice Hockey, Gymnastics, Rifle, Cheerleading, Volleyball, Track & Field, Cross Country, Soccer|
|Athletics conference||Summit Athletic Conference|
|Rivals||Bishop Luers High School, Snider High School|
|Average SAT scores||1055|
Bishop Dwenger High School is a co-educational college preparatory high school in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Fort Wayne–South Bend
- Catholic High School Honor Roll - America's Top 50 (2006)
- National Blue Ribbon School (2004)
The Bishop Dwenger athletic program has won state championships in the following sports:
- Cheerleading (1998, 2000, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2016)
- Gymnastics (1995, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2012)
- Football (1983, 1990, 1991, 2015, 2017)
- Girls' Soccer (2005, 2006)
- Softball (2010)
- Rugby (2004, 2015)
- Ice Hockey (2014)
Clubs & activities
Bishop Dwenger has 45 clubs and service organizations. 80% of all students have been involved in at least three extracurricular activities as reported by the school. Bishop Dwenger offers the following clubs and activities:
Key Club (Service Work Club), Future Business Leaders of America, National Honors Society, Student Council, Newspaper, Spanish Club, French Club, Academic Super Bowl, Science Olympiad, Yearbook, Marching Band, Show Choir, Choir, Art, Tutoring, Gym Help, Technology Club, Scrabble Club, Table Tennis Club, Chess Club, Speech Team, Spell Bowl, Winter Guard, Performing Arts, Social Justice Club, SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions), Project Linus, Mother Teresa Club, Spirit Club, Dance Team, Rosary Club, Decade Club, Saints for Life, Latin Club
Saints Alive! is a series of special events that occur over the course of each school year, culminating in a themed dinner and auction in early March, which raises money for student scholarships and school funding. Parents, grandparents, alumni, and other benefactors collectively work together to champion Catholic education at the school by providing financial assistance with scholarship needs, annual operational budget needs, and various capital requirements. Saints Alive! is the second largest high school fundraiser in the United States.
- Tom Dixon (born 1961), former professional football player.
- Tyler Eifert (born 1990), football tight end for the Cincinnati Bengals.
- Jason Fabini (born 1974), former NFL offensive lineman.
- Sarah Killion (born 1992), professional soccer player who plays for Adelaide United in the Australian W-League on loan from Sky Blue FC of the National Women's Soccer League (NWSL).
- Andrea Russett (born 1995), Internet personality.
- Bishop Dwenger High School, university-directory.eu