This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Country of origin||Kentucky, United States|
|Alcohol by volume||60.5–65.30%|
|Related products||Jim Beam|
Booker's bourbon is one of the small batch bourbons produced by the Jim Beam distillery, which is owned by Beam Suntory (a subsidiary of Suntory Holdings of Osaka, Japan). Having the highest alcohol content of the brands in the Jim Beam "Small Batch Bourbon Collection", it is a cask strength bourbon. Booker's bourbon is aged between six and eight years and is bottled un-cut and without chill filtering at its natural proof between 121 and 130.6.
The brand began as bottlings of bourbon personally selected from barrels by Jim Beam's grandson, the late distiller emeritus Booker Noe. Noe originally bottled his straight-from-the-barrel bourbon as gifts to close friends and family, and launched his selections as a brand available to the general public with a very small (1,000-case) release in 1988. Each barrel of Booker's bourbon was hand-selected by Noe and was aged at the center of the rackhouse, where the company says that the temperature and humidity are the most favorable for fine bourbons.
While it is not necessary to cut the bourbon with water, a splash or two of distilled water is recommended (by Booker Noe) to unlock some of the flavor.
Ratings and reviews
Booker's has won some tasting accolades, including a score of 95 from Wine Enthusiast in 2014. In Fall 2014, ratings aggregator Proof66 put Booker's in the Top 90th percentile of all whiskies.
|C07-B-7||7 years 2 months||130.8|
|2013-06||7 years 6 months||125.9|
|2014-06||7 years 2 months||127.7|
|2015-03 “The Center Cut”||7 years 2 months||127.2|
|2017-01 “Tommy’s Batch”||6 years 4 months 6 days||128.5|
Rye Limited Release
In February 2016, Jim Beam announced that a limited edition Booker's Rye would be released. The product released in June was a 13-year 1 month old Rye at 136.2 proof with a MSRP of $299.
- American Still Life, F. Paul Pacult
- "Proof66 Product Information Page--Booker's Bourbon;". www.proof66.com. Retrieved 2014-09-17.
- Murphy, Morgan; Editors of Southern Living magazine (2014). Southern Living Bourbon & Bacon: The Ultimate Guide to the South's Favorite Foods. Oxmoor House. ISBN 978-0848743161.
- Blake (July 2, 2015). "Booker's Roundtable Cheat Sheet". Retrieved December 21, 2016.
- Chuck Cowdery (February 12, 2015). "More on How Booker's Bourbon Is Made". Retrieved December 21, 2016.
- G. Clay Whittaker (December 6, 2017). "The 10 Best Bourbons to Drink Right Now".
- Blake (May 13, 2016). "An Inside Look At The New Booker's Rye". Retrieved December 21, 2016.