|Public KK (unlisted)|
4F COI Uchikanda Bldg., 3-2-8 Uchikanda, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo |
|Japan and China|
|Kenji Fujita, President and CEO|
Bplats, Inc. is an application service provider (ASP) based in Tokyo, Japan. The company offers software as a service (SaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS) solutions. It runs web portals on ASP, SaaS and cloud computing and an online store to sell software and hardware, such as the VY Vocaloid series.
The SaaS and PaaS services of the company include:
- SaaSplats: a SaaS consultancy and distribution network
- eCPlats: an electronic commerce platform
- RightsPlats: a business process outsourcing service to report music sales to JASRAC
- License-V: a business process management service to control licensing business
Bplats sells the Vocaloid series VY planned and developed by Yamaha Corporation, along with related software and hardware. The VY series of Vocaloids are different from other Vocaloids as their considered as having no form of avatar and were designed to be a high quality professional voicebank as well as to act as the intended standard for the Vocaloids products themselves. Though each voicebank has a gender type voice (feminine, masculine) the Vocaloid series itself is void of such restrictions and are designed with the intention of allowing those using them to be able to manipulate the voice as they please. The avatarless look was intended to encourage creativity with the series. VY1, the first of the series, was released with a demo album containing songs by various producers from Nico Nico Douga and their interpretation of the Vocaloid along with the settings used for the song. Bplats focused on their high quality Vocaloids, even delaying VY2 for quality related issue; VY2 was created with the intention of being realistic and stable. Bplats is looking to produce male and female English Vocaloid products, with improvements to the standard of English used by the software, another Vocaloid is already under production.
Vocaloid 2 products
|VY1||Japanese||Unisex ("feminine" sounding vocal)||September 1, 2010|
|VY2||Japanese||Unisex ("young masculine" sounding vocal)||April 25, 2011|
Vocaloid 3 products
|VY1v3||Japanese||Unisex ("feminine" sounding voice)||October 21, 2011|
|VY2v3||Japanese||Unisex ("masculine" sounding voice)||October 9, 2012|
Vocaloid 4 products
|VY1v4||Japanese||Unisex ("feminine" sounding voice)||December 17, 2014|
|VY?||English||Unisex ("feminine" sounding voice)||TBA|
|VY?||English||Unisex ("masculine" sounding voice)||TBA|
- "About us". Bplats, Inc. Retrieved 2011-03-05.
- "Solutions". Bplats. Retrieved March 5, 2011.
- "VYシリーズ, お知らせ" [VY Series, News] (in Japanese). Bplats. December 24, 2010. Archived from the original on January 18, 2011. Retrieved April 11, 2011.
- "VY2 Release date!" (in Japanese). Vocaloidism. April 10, 2011. Archived from the original on May 22, 2011. Retrieved April 11, 2011.
- Matsuo, Kōya (April 15, 2011). "コードネームは「勇馬」 ヤマハ純正のイケメンボカロ「VY2」の話を聞いてきた" [Codename Is "Yūma". I Heard the Story of the Yamaha Pure Cool Vocalo "VY2"] (in Japanese). IT Media. Retrieved April 28, 2011.
- "新型ボーカロイド「VY1」公開です!" [New Model Vocaloid "VY1" Presentation!] (in Japanese). Bplats. August 13, 2010. Archived from the original on July 17, 2011. Retrieved August 13, 2010.
- "VY1" (in Japanese). Yamaha Corporation. Archived from the original on August 16, 2010. Retrieved August 6, 2010.
- Okada, Yuka (August 13, 2010). "キャラクターなしのVOCALOID「VY1」 初のヤマハ製、9月発売" ["VY1", a Vocaloid With No Character, First Yamaha-Made, Sold in September] (in Japanese). IT Media. Retrieved September 5, 2010.
- ボーカロイドストアブログ [Vocaloid Store Blog] (in Japanese). Bplats. December 24, 2010. Archived from the original on January 18, 2011. Retrieved January 18, 2011.
- Official website (in Japanese) (in English) (in simplified Chinese)
- Bplats Vocaloid Store (in Japanese)
- on 's channelYouTube (in Japanese)
- Vocaloid Music Publishing (rights management for creators) (in Japanese)
- SaaSplats (SaaS distribution network) (in Japanese)
- ASP-SaaS Navi (ASP and SaaS portal) (in Japanese)
- Cloud News (cloud computing news portal) (in Japanese)