VY2V3 Neo package
|Initial release||April 25, 2011|
VY2V5 / July 12, 2018
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
|Type||Voice Synthesizer Software|
VY2 is a Japanese masculine vocal developed by Yamaha Corporation and distributed by Bplats, Inc. to act as a "standard" vocal for Vocaloid. It has the codename of "Yūma". It was originally released for the Vocaloid 2 engine. The fan design "Roro" which is illustrated by song producer Manbou no Ane, is commonly used to represent VY2. VY2 also has a Falsetto Voicebank that allows users to make higher pitched songs with its voice. VY2's voice bank is often used with the VY1 voice bank.
"VY2" means "VOCALOID YAMAHA 2". Like VY1 before it, it has no official avatar, although producers using the software have used various interpretations over time. It was also specified to be a "young masculine" voice. VY2 itself was released on 25 April 2011. According to the details of the VOCALOID, the VOCALOID is an attempt to make the vocals sound more realistic and stable. It was the youngest male vocalists sampled at the time of recording and during development Japanese masculine Vocaloid 2 vocals Camui Gackpo, Hiyama Kiyoteru and Utatane Piko were compared during production to help develop VY2.
Due to the professional design of VY2, the vocal often appears in use for apps and equipment that involves derivative products produced by YAMAHA, either on its own or with VY1. However, unlike VY1, VY2 is often added as an additional vocal or an alternative one and has yet to head a product using their vocals.
In October it was released for the iVocaloid iOS app. VY2 was due for release on VocaloWitter in the summer of 2011 and VY2's version would have adjusted the VY1 version for compatibility and performance reasons. However, it has never been released.
The first major update to the software was released on October 19, 2012 for the Vocaloid 3 engine. The release contained two vocals "Normal", which was an update of the original vocal and "Falsetto". Once imported into Vocaloid 4, the vocals would be able to also make use of the cross-synthesis feature ("XSY"). Due to the popularity of the vocal a second re-release of the vocal was released titled "VY2V3 SE". In 2013, an additional re-release titled "VY2V3 Neo" was released as the Mac version of the software.
VY2V3 ad V3 Gackpoid were also the focus of vol.4 of the VOCALOID-P data series.
On July 2, 2018, it was announced that the VOCALOID SHOP would cease distribution of the VOCALOID4 editor, the VOCALOID4 editor for Cubase, and the VOCALOID4 starter packs. In addition, VY1v4, VY2v3, Cyber Diva, and CYBER SONGMAN were confirmed to be taken off of the site as well. This was set to occur on July 12.
On July 12, VOCALOID5 was announced and released. It was available in two versions: Standard and Premium. The standard package included 4 standard vocals: Amy, Chris, Kaori, and Ken. The premium package included the 4 standard vocals and an updated version of VY1, VY2, CYBER DIVA II, and CYBER SONGMAN II.
- List of Vocaloid products
- VY1, the feminine counterpart of the program.
- Cyber Diva, the other vocal of the same series
-  VOCALOID STORE FAQ
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-01-18. Retrieved 2011-01-18.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link) VOCALOID Store Blog - VY２、およびNetぼかりす発売延期のお知らせ (Release of VY2 postponed)
-  Archived 2011-05-22 at the Wayback Machine Vocaloidism - VY2 Release date!
-  IT Media News - コードネームは「勇馬」 ヤマハ純正のイケメンボカロ「VY2」の話を聞いてきた
- "コードネームは「勇馬」 ヤマハ純正のイケメンボカロ「VY2」の話を聞いてきた". ITmedia ニュース. Retrieved 27 April 2016.
- 株式会社インプレス. "iPad/iPhoneで本格ボカロ制作できる「Mobile VOCALOID Editor」。PC版とほぼ同等". AV Watch. Retrieved 27 April 2016.
- "iOS版VOCALOIDが刷新、ボカロ曲制作はiOSで完結可能に！". 藤本健の“DTMステーション”. Retrieved 27 April 2016.
- "Mobile VOCALOID Editor". App Store. Yamaha Corporation. 3 April 2015. Retrieved 27 April 2016.