|Genre||Music and video|
|Bil Bryant (Production and CEO, until 2017)|
PowerFX Systems AB. is a small recording company, based in Stockholm, Sweden. The company has been producing music samples, loops and sound effects since 1995. They also developed singing synthesizers using the VOCALOID engine developed by Yamaha Corporation.
Products and services
PowerFX was first introduced to the Vocaloid software after the introduction of first Vocaloids (Lola and Leon) from the British studio Zero-G at the NAMM Show on January 15, 2004 and were later recommended to Yamaha Corporation by Crypton Future Media. Their first product for the software was "Sweet Ann" a Vocaloid 2 powered voicebank and was first introduced at the Musikmesse fair and later released on June 29, 2007. The boxart of Sweet Ann was based on a Frankenstein's monster. Their second VOCALOID2 "Big Al" was released with the voice provided from ex-employee Frank Sanderson after the intended provider, Elvis Presley impersonator Michael King, was unable to return for further recordings after their initial samples were considered not at a high enough quality to be released. PowerFX began their production of voicebanks for the Vocaloid 3 engine, with "Oliver" as their first VOCALOID3, and the first male VOCALOID3. They released their second VOCALOID3, "YOHIOloid", a male bilingual that is capable of singing English and Japanese. PowerFX released their own Vocaloids into Taiwan boasting new box art for the releases. PowerFX released an American-accented Vocaloid 4 voicebank "Ruby" in 2015. In 2017, the company announced that they would no longer make Vocaloid products.
|Product||Language||Sex||Voice sampled||Release date|
|Sweet Ann||English||Female||Jodi Martin||June 29, 2007|
|Big AL||English||Male||Frank Sanderson||December 22, 2009|
|Oliver||English||Male||Unrevealed||December 21, 2011|
|YOHIOloid||English and Japanese||Male||Yohio||September 10, 2013|
|Ruby||English||Female||Mishakeet||October 7, 2015|
PowerFX's other music composers include:
- Swiss Army Synth
- Miracle Drumlooper
- Humbox VM1
PowerFX also offers Soundation Studio, an on-line free music making station complete with a number of samples and loops. Users can open their own account and buy additional samples for their account or upload their own samples into the software to work with. Those who sign up can have their own profile and save their work using AudioLocker.
Extracts of PowerFX's Sweet Ann and Big AL were included in Soundation Studio in their Christmas loops and sound release with a competition included.
"Corporate profile". PowerFX. Missing or empty
- "Interview: Bil Bryant (Production and CEO of PowerFX)". Engloids. WordPress. January 4, 2010. Retrieved July 4, 2010.
- "New Anime Redesigns For Sweet Ann and Big Al!". Vocaloidism. April 11, 2011. Retrieved April 12, 2011.
- "PowerFX - Sweet Ann". PowerFX. Retrieved July 8, 2010.
- "PowerFX - Big Al". Jasmine Music Technology. May 28, 2007. Retrieved June 8, 2009.
- "Vocaloid - Big Al". PowerFX. Archived from the original on July 17, 2010. Retrieved July 8, 2010. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "PowerFX - Oliver (Download)". PowerFX. Retrieved March 11, 2012.
- "PowerFX - YOHIOloid (Download)". PowerFX. Retrieved January 4, 2014.
- "PowerFX — Ruby (Download)". PowerFX. Retrieved March 29, 2019.
- "Soundation Studio Includes Vocaloid Christmas Song Excerpts". Vocaloidism. December 15, 2010. Retrieved December 15, 2010.
|This Swedish corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|