Brown Township, Montgomery County, Indiana
Location in Montgomery County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||54.22 sq mi (140.4 km2)|
|• Land||53.75 sq mi (139.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.47 sq mi (1.2 km2) 0.87%|
|Elevation||801 ft (244 m)|
|• Density||32/sq mi (12/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
47933, 47954, 47965, 47989
|GNIS feature ID||453139|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 54.22 square miles (140.4 km2), of which 53.75 square miles (139.2 km2) (or 99.13%) is land and 0.47 square miles (1.2 km2) (or 0.87%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these eight cemeteries: Indian Creek, Indian Creek Hill, Jones, Lydick, Maple Ridge, Old Hickory, Old Union and Wasson.
Airports and landing strips
- Shades State Park Airport
- Lake Waveland Park
- Shades State Park (southeast three-quarters)
- South Montgomery Community School Corporation
Brown Township is served by the Waveland-Brown Township Public Library.
- Indiana's 4th congressional district
- State House District 28
- State Senate District 23
- "Brown Township, Montgomery County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-27.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- "Indiana public library directory" (PDF). Indiana State Library. Retrieved 10 March 2018.