|Population (2014 Census)|
|Bushenyi - Ishaka Metropolitan Area|
Bushenyi is a town in Western Uganda. It is the 'chief town' of Bushenyi District and the district headquarters are located there. The district is named after the town, in keeping with the practice in most of the districts in the country.
Bushenyi is located on the Mbarara–Ishaka Road, approximately 56 kilometres (35 mi), by road, west of Mbarara, the largest city in the sub-region. This is about 6 kilometres (4 mi) east of the town of Ishaka. Kampala, the national capital and largest city in the country lies approximately 323 kilometres (201 mi), by road to the east of Bushenyi. The coordinates of the town are 0°32'30.0"S 30°11'16.0"E (Latitude:-0.541667; Longitude:30.187778). 
The 2002 national census estimated the population of Bushenyi at about 22,420. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS), estimated the town's population at 26,300. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population of Bushenyi at 26,800. In 2014, the national population census put the population of Bushenyi, including Ishaka, at 41,063.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie in the town or near the town limits:
- The headquarters of Bushenyi District Administration
- The offices of Bushenyi Town Council
- Bushenyi Central Market - The largest source of fresh produce in the town
- Ishaka Adventist Hospital - A 100-bed hospital administered by the Adventist Church
- A branch of Centenary Bank - Located at Ishaka, a suburb of Bushenyi
- A branch of Barclays Bank - Located at Ishaka, a suburb of Bushenyi
- A branch of Stanbic Bank
- A branch of Pride Microfinance Limited
- A branch of the National Social Security Fund
- The Western Campus of Kampala International University, including its 500-bed teaching hospital
- Bweranyangi Girls' Senior Secondary School - A girls-only boarding middle and high school.
- Uganda Technical College, Bushenyi.
- UBOS, . (27 August 2014). "The Population of The Regions of the Republic of Uganda And All Cities And Towns of More Than 15,000 Inhabitants". Citypopulation.de Quoting Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 26 February 2015.
- GFC (22 May 2016). "Distance between Golf Course Road, Mbarara, Western Region, Uganda and Dominion Church, Bushenyi, Western Region, Uganda". Globefeed.com (GFC). Retrieved 22 May 2016.
- GFC (22 May 2016). "Distance between Dominion Church, Bushenyi, Western Region, Uganda and Caltex Petrol Station, Ntungamo-Katunguru Road, Ishaka, Western Region, Uganda". Globefeed.com (GFC). Retrieved 22 May 2016.
- GFC (22 May 2016). "Distance between Dominion Church, Bushenyi, Western Region, Uganda and Post Office Building, Kampala Road, Kampala, Central Region, Uganda". Globefeed.com (GFC). Retrieved 22 May 2016.
- Google (22 May 2016). "Location of Bushenyi Town, Bushenyi District, Western Region, Uganda" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 22 May 2016.
- UBOS, . "Estimated Population of Bushenyi In 2002, 2010 And 2011" (PDF). Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 5 June 2014.
- Ahimbisibwe, Chris (27 July 2009). "Basajja Given Sh4 Billion for Hospital". New Vision. Kampala. Retrieved 5 June 2014.
- Uganda Technical College, Bushenyi (13 February 2015). "The Academic Registrar Uganda Technical College, Bushenyi announces the 9th Graduation Ceremony due to take place on Thursday 5th March 2015 at the College Campus". New Vision. Kampala. Retrieved 22 May 2016.