Philosophy of business
(Redirected from Business philosophies and popular management theories)Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The philosophy of business considers the fundamental principles that underlie the formation and operation of a business enterprise; the nature and purpose of a business, and the moral obligations that pertain to it.
- Drucker, P. (1954) The Practice of Management, HarperBusiness, Reissue edition 1993, ISBN 0-88730-613-6
- Fort, Timothy (2001) Ethics and Governance: Business as Mediating Institution, Oxford University Press USA, New York.
- Friedman, M (1962) Capitalism and Freedom, University of Chicago Press, Chicago, 1962
- Hutcheson, F. (1729) An Inquiry Concerning Morall Good and Evil, 1729.
- Kalin, J. (1968) "In defence of egoism", in Morality and Rational Self-interest, edited by David Gauthier, Prentice Hall, New York, 1970.
- Mandeville, B. (1715) The Fable of the Bees.
- Rawls, J. (1971) A Theory of Justice, Harvard University Press, Cambridge Massachusetts 1971.
- Lord Shaftesbury (1710) Enquiry Concerning Virtue.
- Smith, A. (1759) The Theory of Moral Sentiments, in Adam Smith's Moral and Political Philosophy, edited by H. Schneider, Harper, New York, 1948 and 1970.
- Strasnick, T. (1981) "Neo-utilitarian Ethics and the Ordinal Representation Assumption", in Philosophy in economics, edited by J. Pitt, Reidel Publishing, 1981.
- Luetge C. (ed.) (2013): Handbook of the Philosophical Foundations of Business Ethics. Heidelberg/New York: Springer 2013, ISBN 978-9400714953.
- Filoempresa, edited by Godofredo Chillida & Gabriela Berti
- Peter Drucker's web site
- The journal "Philosophy for Business" edited by Geoffrey Klempner
- The journal "Philosophy of Management" founded by Nigel Laurie and edited by Paul Griseri (Managing Editor), Mark Dibben, Ed Freeeman and Frits Schipper