Canal Vie logo
|Launched||September 8, 1997|
|Owned by||Bell Media|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Website||Canal Vie (in French)|
|Bell TV||Channel 135 (SD)
Channel 1866 (HD)
|Shaw Direct||Channel 752 (SD)
Channel 384 / 243 (HD)
|Available on many Canadian cable systems||Check local listings, channels may vary|
|Bell Aliant Fibe TV||Channel 831 (SD)
Channel 931 (HD)
|Bell Fibe TV||Channel 137 (SD)
Channel 1137 (HD)
|Optik TV||Channel 8009 (SD)
Channel 2009 (HD)
|SaskTel||Channel 262 (SD)|
|Telus Quebec||Channel 48 (SD)
Channel 548 (HD)
|VMedia||Channel 110 (SD) (QC)|
|Zazeen||Channel 207 (HD)|
Canal Vie is a Canadian French language Category A specialty channel owned by Bell Media. Canal Vie airs lifestyle and entertainment programs aimed at women in the form of talk shows, documentaries, reality TV series, and films. Programs focus on a variety of topics including home improvement, cooking, health, parenting, and relationships.
In September 1996, Radiomutuel inc. was granted approval for a television broadcasting licence by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) for Le Canal Vie, described as "a national French-language specialty service that is dedicated to information and entertainment programs focused on three very specific subjects: lifestyle (human relations, social and interpersonal), health (physical and mental), and outdoor activities for families or individuals."
The channel launched on September 8, 1997 as Canal Vie.
On March 4, 2013, the Competition Bureau approved the takeover of Astral Media by Bell Media. Bell filed a new application for the proposed takeover with the CRTC on March 6, 2013; the CRTC approved the merger on June 27, 2013.
Canal Vie HD
- Saint Pierre and Miquelon - distributed on SPM Telecom systems.
- Decision CRTC 96-613 CRTC 1996-09-04
- Astral bids on Radiomutuel Playback Magazine 1999-06-14
- Decision CRTC 2000-5 CRTC 2000-01-12
- BCE takeover of Astral OK’d by Competition Bureau, The Montreal Gazette (via The Canadian Press), March 4, 2013.
- Astral and Bell Comment on New Acquisition Application to CRTC, Broadcaster Magazine, March 6, 2013.
- CRTC approves Bell-Astral merger, CBC News, June 27, 2013. Retrieved July 16, 2013.
- La haute définition en français Infopresse 2006-10-30 (in French)
- Official website (in French)