|Branding||KICX Country 91.7|
|Slogan||Sudbury's Hot New Country|
|Frequency||91.7 MHz (FM)|
|First air date||August 18, 2008|
|HAAT||120.9 meters (397 ft)|
|Callsign meaning||Play on the word "Kicks"|
(Sale pending to Bell Media)
CICS-FM is a Canadian radio station, which broadcasts at 91.7 FM in Sudbury, Ontario. The station airs a country music format, branded as KICX 91.7. The studio and offices are located at 60 Elm Street, and the station transmits a 50,000 watt signal from the CBC tower.
Owned by Larche Communications, the station was licensed by the CRTC on July 12, 2007. The format and branding were patterned on Larche's existing CICZ-FM in Midland, although CICZ's format and brand were moved to sister station CICX-FM in Orillia before CICS was launched.
The station began on-air testing periods without audio in late spring 2008, and officially began testing with country music on the morning of July 28. On August 18 at 7 a.m. EDT, the station officially launched. The KICX-FM morning show hosts Luke and Shannon kicked it off that morning with the song "Play Something Country" by Brooks and Dunn.  
On April 29, 2016, Larche Communications (owner of CICS-FM) submitted an application for a broadcasting licence to operate a new english-language commercial radio station to serve Sudbury, Ontario. The proposed station would operate at 88.5 MHz with the effective radiated power of 50,000 watts.  No format has been announced for the new station.
CICS-FM may receive some interference from a 100 kW FM signal, WCML-FM in Alpena, Michigan. Although Sudbury is well outside of WCML's normal broadcast range, due to tropospheric ducting over Lake Huron the signal has sometimes reached the Sudbury area strongly enough to be in almost crystal clear FM stereo.
- CRTC Decision 2007-229
- "Hot new country", Northern Life, August 18, 2008.
- KICX Launch (video) - KICX 91.7 brings FM country music back to Sudbury, sudbury24.ca, August 18, 2008.
- "Serving up some kicks - New country station on air", Sudbury Star, August 2008.
- Broadcasting Notice of Consultation CRTC 2016-162, Call for comments on market capacity and the appropriateness of issuing a call for radio applications to serve Sudbury, Ontario, CRTC, April 29, 2016
- "Bell Media to Acquire Four Ontario Radio Stations from Larche Communications Inc. – Bell Media". www.bellmedia.ca. Retrieved 2017-08-10.
- WCML-FM from recnet
- KICX 91.7
- CICS history - Canadian Communications Foundation
- Query the REC's Canadian station database for CICS-FM
|This article about a radio station in Ontario is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|