Fashion Television (TV channel)
|Launched||September 7, 2001|
|Owned by||Bell Media|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Bell TV||Channel 605|
|Shaw Direct||Channel 571|
|Available on many Canadian cable systems||Check local listings|
|Bell Aliant Fibe TV||Channel 280|
|Bell Fibe TV||Channel 605|
|Optik TV||Channel 339|
Fashion Television (officially named Fashion Television Channel) is a Canadian English language Category A specialty channel owned by Bell Media. The channel broadcasts programming related to fashion, modelling, photography, art, architecture and design. The channel is fashioned after the CHUM Television original program, FashionTelevision.
In November 24, 2000, CHUM Limited was granted approval by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) to launch Fashion Television: The Channel, described as "a national English-language specialty television service dedicated to fashion, beauty, style, art, architecture, photography and design."
The channel was launched on September 7, 2001 as FashionTelevisionChannel.
In July 2006, Bell Globemedia (later called CTVglobemedia) announced that it would purchase CHUM for an estimated $1.7 billion CAD. The sale was approved by the CRTC in June 2007, and the transaction was completed on June 22, 2007 with the Citytv stations were being sold to Rogers Media on October 31, 2007.
BCE (a minority shareholder in CTVglobemedia) announced on September 10, 2010, that it planned to re-acquire 100% interest in CTVglobemedia for a total debt and equity transaction cost of $3.2 billion CAD. The deal which required CRTC approval, was approved on March 7, 2011 and closed on April 1 of that year, at which time CTVglobemedia was renamed Bell Media.
- Decision CRTC 2000-452 CRTC 2000-12-14
- The history of CHUM Globe and Mail article 2006-06-12
- Bell Globemedia acquires CHUM; Fasken Martineau; 2006-07-12
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2007-165; CRTC; 2007-06-08
- Bell Canada (2010-09-10). "Bell to acquire 100% of Canada's No.1 media company CTV". CNW Group. Retrieved 2010-09-10.
- CRTC approves BCE's purchase of CTVglobemedia Archived June 29, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- Bell completes acquisition of CTV, launches Bell Media business unit Archived April 4, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. CNW 2011-04-01
|This article about television in Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|