Canons Park tube station
Location of Canons Park in Greater London
|Managed by||London Underground|
|Number of platforms||2|
|London Underground annual entry and exit|
|Original company||Metropolitan Railway|
|10 December 1932||Opened as Canons Park (Edgware)|
|1933||Renamed Canons Park|
|20 November 1939||Metropolitan line service replaced by Bakerloo line|
|1 May 1979||Bakerloo line service replaced by Jubilee line|
|Lists of stations|
|London Transport portal|
Canons Park is a London Underground station at Canons Park of the London Borough of Harrow, north London. It is on the Jubilee line, between Stanmore and Queensbury stations and is in Travelcard Zone 5. It is also the least used station on the Jubilee line with an average of 1.68 million passengers per year.
The station was opened on 10 December 1932 by the Metropolitan Railway (MR) on the MR's extension from Wembley Park to Stanmore. The station was originally named Canons Park (Edgware) although the suffix was dropped the following year. On 20 November 1939, services on the Stanmore branch were transferred to the Bakerloo line and, on 1 May 1979, they were transferred again to the Jubilee line.
Ticket office closure
London Underground Limited announced in June 2007 that due to reduced demand for tickets bought from ticket offices (as opposed to from machines) around 40 of the most lightly used ticket offices at Tube stations will close from March 2008. The list of stations includes Canons Park.
Services and connections
- "Multi-year station entry-and-exit figures" (XLS). London Underground station passenger usage data. Transport for London. April 2016. Retrieved 3 May 2016.
- Transport for London (January 2016). Standard Tube Map (PDF) (Map). Not to scale. Transport for London. Archived (PDF) from the original on 3 January 2015.
- "Clive's Underground Line Guides, Jubilee Line, Dates". Retrieved 2007-12-28.
- Rose, Douglas (1999). The London Underground, A Diagrammatic History. Douglas Rose/Capital Transport. ISBN 1-85414-219-4.
- "Oyster success leads Tube ticket office changes". Transport for London. 12 June 2007. Archived from the original on 3 November 2007. Retrieved 19 November 2007.
- "Jubilee line timetable: From Canons Park Underground Station to Stanmore Underground Station". Transport for London. Retrieved 7 March 2015.
- "Jubilee line timetable: From Canons Park Underground Station to Queensbury Underground Station". Transport for London. Retrieved 7 March 2015.
- "Buses from Canons Park" (PDF). Transport for London. February 2015. Retrieved 7 March 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Canons Park tube station.|
- London Transport Museum Photographic Archive
|Preceding station||London Underground||Following station|
Stanmore branch (1932-1939)
Stanmore branch (1939-1979)
towards Elephant & Castle
|This article about the London Underground is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|