Christie Downs, South Australia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Adelaide, South Australia
|Population||4,967 (2006 census)
4,910 (2001 census)
|LGA(s)||City of Onkaparinga|
Christie Downs is a suburb in southern Metropolitan Adelaide within the City of Onkaparinga, South Australia. It has a unique postcode of 5164, and is adjacent to the suburbs of Christies Beach to the west, Noarlunga Centre to the south, Morphett Vale to the east and Lonsdale to the north.
The area was named after Lambert Christie, who was one of the original European settlers in the area. The area continued to be mainly farming land until the late 1950s when large portions were purchased by the South Australian Housing Trust. Since then the suburb has steadily grown to have almost 2500 households.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Christie Downs (State Suburb)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 19 July 2010.
- "Southern Adelaide SA Government region" (PDF). The Government of South Australia. Retrieved 17 April 2017.
- "Search result for "County of Adelaide, CNTY" with the following data sets selected - "Counties" and "Local Government Areas"". Property Location SA Map Viewer. Government of South Australia. Retrieved 24 April 2017.
- "District of Reynell Background Profile". ELECTORAL COMMISSION SA. 2014.
- "Search result for "Christie Downs (Suburb)" (Record no. SA0013915) with the following layers selected - "Suburbs and Localities" and " Place names (gazetteer)"". Property Location Browser. Government of South Australia. Retrieved 13 November 2016.
|This article about a place in Adelaide is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|