College Park–University of Maryland station
|MARC commuter rail station
Washington Metro rapid transit station
|Location||4930 Calvert Road
College Park, MD 20740
|Owned by||Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority|
|Platforms||1 island platform (Washington Metro)
2 side platforms (MARC)
|Tracks||4 (2 for each service)|
|Connections||MTA Commuter Bus: 204|
|Bicycle facilities||81 racks, 40 lockers|
|Opened||December 11, 1993|
|Passengers (2014)||4,604 daily  4.54%|
The station is located in College Park near the University of Maryland, College Park, with entrances at the intersection of Calvert Road and Bowdoin Avenue, and near the intersection of Paint Branch Parkway and River Road. It adjoins the headquarters of the American Physical Society and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Service began on December 11, 1993.
The station's bus terminal is host to several Metrobus lines, the 14 and 17 lines of The Bus, and the G Route of the Laurel Connect-a-Ride, as well as the University's complimentary Shuttle-UM running from the station to the Stamp Student Union on campus, connecting residents and passengers to Prince George's County, the University, and to Washington, D.C. The 104 bus shuttles students from the Metro to Stamp Student Union.
This station is planned to be one of the Metro stations on the Purple Line system, formerly known as the Bi-County Transitway.
In addition, the metro station is the first to feature a Bike & Ride facility. A mesh enclosure built into the adjacent parking garage, the facility can hold up to 120 bikes and has 24-hour access. The facility hopes to increase transportation to and from the station by bike and the facility is open for use as of March 2012.
MARC trains, on the Camden Line, stop at this station on a set of tracks that are parallel to the Metro tracks. These tracks are accessible from the west side of the station and also via a pedestrian tunnel that passes under the Metro tracks. Only select Camden Line trains stop at the College Park station. The station is unstaffed, which requires that riders buy a ticket on the train.
|Southbound||← Green Line toward Branch Avenue ( Yellow Line (rush only) toward Huntington or Franconia–Springfield) (Prince George's Plaza)|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left|
|Northbound||→ Green Line ( Yellow Line (rush only)) toward Greenbelt (Terminus) →|
|M||Mezzanine||One-way faregates, ticket machines, station agent|
|G||Street Level||Exit/ Entrance|
- "Metrorail Average Weekday Passenger Boardings" (PDF). WMATA. Retrieved 2014-11-04.
- College Park-U of Md Metrorail station parking garage opens Saturday, June 25 (Washington Metro News Release; Archived from June 24, 2005)
- Construction begins on Metro's first Bike & Ride facility at College Park (Washington Metro News Release; October 6, 2011)
Media related to College Park–University of Maryland (WMATA station) at Wikimedia Commons
- WMATA: College Park-U of Md Station
- MARC Camden Line MARC Camden Line
- StationMasters Online: College Park-U of Md Station
- world.nycsubway.org: College Park-U of Md Station
- The Schumin Web Transit Center: College Park-U of Md Station
- Calvert Road entrance to Metro from Google Maps Street View
- MARC Station from Google Maps Street View