Cottam railway station (Lancashire)
|Place||Cottam, exact location not fixed|
|Local authority||City of Preston|
|Number of platforms||2|
|Key dates||Opening 2022–23|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|UK Railways portal|
As part of the original Preston Local Plan, the station would have been constructed in 2022/23 adjacent to the Preston Western Distributor Road, which would link to the M55 motorway. In the amended plan the Cottam station looked set to be removed because of uncertainty over its location.
The initial plan would have been to locate it on the Preston to Blackpool section of the Manchester to Preston Line. Construction may have required the closure of the neighbouring Salwick railway station, as referred to in Page 38 of the Central Lancashire Highways and Transport Masterplan.
It is planned to have two platforms on the existing double tracked line.
- Air Quality - consultation Archived 2014-05-31 at the Wayback Machine. Preston City Council
- [Preston City Council and Lancashire County Council — Northwest Preston Masterplan]
- Roads needed for homes plan Lancashire Evening Post
- IPS Number 1 Preston City Council
- Consultation - Cottam Railway Station Lancashire County Council
- Infrastructure Delivery Schedule Lancashire County Council
- Location of new train station for the west of Preston BlogPreston
- Preston Local Plan July 2013 Preston City Council
- revised Central Lancashire Highways and Transport Masterplan, (Link) Archived May 31, 2014, at the Wayback Machine. Lancashire County Council
- Preston West link road: Consultation launched on new road between M55 and A583 BlogPreston