Ladbroke Grove railway station
|Local authority||Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea|
Transport for London
|Number of platforms||2|
|Lists of stations|
|London transport portal|
Ladbroke Grove is a proposed railway station in London, England on the Crossrail Route between Old Oak Common and Paddington. This is not part of the internal route and would be added at a later stage. Locals want the station to be called Portobello Central to serve the nearby Portobello Market. It was originally called Kensal.
At a site just to the east of the Old Oak Common site, Kensington and Chelsea Council has been pushing for a station at North Kensington / Kensal off Ladbroke Grove and Canal Way, as a turn-back facility will have to be built in the area anyway. Siting it at Kensal Rise, rather than next to Paddington itself, would provide a new station to regenerate the area. Amongst the general public there is a huge amount of support for the project and then-mayor of London Boris Johnson stated that a station would be added if it did not increase Crossrail's overall cost; in response, Kensington and Chelsea Council agreed to underwrite the projected £33 million cost of a Crossrail station, which was received very well by the residents of the Borough. Transport for London (TfL) is conducting a feasibility study on the station and the project is backed by National Grid, retailers Sainsbury's and Cath Kidston, and Jenny Jones (Green Party member of the London Assembly).
In March 2017, it was announced TfL was considering a Crossrail station in Kensal on site of a former gasworks and would be between Old Oak Common and Paddington. 
|Preceding station||Crossrail||Following station|
- "Case for a Crossrail station gains momentum" (Press release). Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea. 1 July 2010.
- Bloomfield, Ruth (24 August 2010). "Study to explore adding Crossrail station at Kensal Rise". Building Design. London.
- "Crossrail at Kensal Rise back on the cards?". London Reconnections (blog). 27 August 2010.
- "The case for Kensal crossrail". Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea. n.d. Retrieved 26 June 2011.
- "Council to pay for Crossrail station". London Evening Standard. 25 March 2011. Archived from the original on 13 September 2012.
- Kensal Crossrail station would 'transform' the area, says deputy mayor. Regeneration + Renewal. 16 May 2011.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 31 July 2016. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
- Sebastian Mann (14 March 2016). "Plan for Crossrail station at Ladbroke Grove resurrected". London Evening Standard. Retrieved 16 July 2017.
- David Spittles (24 March 2017). "Crossrail tipped for Kensal Green: Tfl is considering building a station on derelict gasworks by the Grand Union Canal". Homes and Property. Retrieved 16 July 2017.