Creighton Elementary School District
Founded in 1884, the boundaries of Creighton Elementary School District lie within East-Central Phoenix. Its main office is located at 2702 East Flower Street, Phoenix, AZ 85016.
As of 2012, most of the students speak Spanish and come from low-income households. There is a high crime level in areas of the district.
In 2013 the Creighton Community Foundation was created to support the community served by the district. The foundation's office is located on the campus of The Larry C Kennedy Elementary School.
- Biltmore Preparatory Academy
- Creighton Elementary School
- Excelencia Elementary School
- Gateway Elementary School
- Larry C. Kennedy Elementary School
- Loma Linda Elementary School
- William T. Machan Elementary School
- Monte Vista Elementary School
- Papago Elementary School
Biltmore Preparatory Academy
Biltmore Preparatory Academy is part of the Creighton Elementary School District. The campus is located at 4601 N. 34th Street, Phoenix, Arizona, United States. The school was previously known as Squaw Peak Traditional Academy. The name was changed to Biltmore Preparatory Academy in 2011. A remodel project was started during the 2018 school year and completed the summer of 2019. The primary focus of the remodel was the middle school section and the parking lot.
Spanish Language Immersion
Biltmore Preparatory Academy offers a Spanish language immersion program for its students. Students learn math and science in Spanish. The balance of their day is in English.
Gateway Elementary School
Gateway Elementary School is part of the Creighton Elementary School District. The campus is located at 1100 North 35th Street. Phoenix, Arizona, United States. Gateway's enrollment is 850 students. The school is a Reading First school, and hosts a 21st Century Community Learning Center.
- Boys basketball
- Girls basketball
- Boys football
- Girls volleyball
- Girls cheerleading
- Girls softball
- Creighton School District Archived 2007-10-29 at Archive.today retrieved 2009-08-02
- Bland, Karina. "New teacher hopes to make impact at Creighton Elementary School" (Archive). The Arizona Republic. August 7, 2012. Retrieved on August 16, 2015. "She is one of a dozen new teachers at Creighton this fall, all of whom will embrace the challenge of teaching students who live in a poor, primarily Spanish-speaking school district in a neighborhood that is riddled with drugs and gangs."
- Gateway Elementary School Archived 2009-01-03 at Archive.today retrieved 2009-08-02
- Creighton School District Gateway School Archived 2009-01-03 at Archive.today retrieved 2009-08-02