DAHER-SOCATA

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  (Redirected from Daher-Socata)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
DAHER-SOCATA
Private
IndustryAerospace
Founded1911
HeadquartersTarbes, France
ProductsFixed-wing aircraft and aircraft structures
ParentDAHER
Websitehttp://www.tbm.aero/

DAHER-SOCATA (formerly SOCATA and EADS Socata) is a producer of general aviation aircraft propelled by piston engines and turboprops, including business planes, small personal or training aircraft, as well as the production of aircraft structures for other manufacturers such as Airbus, Dassault, Embraer, Eurocopter and Lockheed Martin. The company headquarters is currently located in Tarbes, France.

In March 2015 the company name was again changed to just Daher as part of a rebranding to align the division with its parent company Daher.[1]

History[edit]

The history of Socata goes back to 1911 when the aircraft manufacturer Morane-Saulnier was founded. In 1966, Morane-Saulnier changed its name to SOCATA (which is an abbreviation for Societe de Construction d'Avions de Tourisme et d'Affaires, French for "Company for the construction of aircraft for tourism and business") when the company was bought by Sud Aviation to produce small aircraft. In 2000 Socata became a wholly owned subsidiary of EADS.

On 27 June 2008, EADS announced its intention to sell a controlling interest in EADS Socata to DAHER.[2] On 3 November 2008, EADS and DAHER announced that they had reached an agreement for DAHER to acquire a 70% of Socata.[3] On 7 January 2009, DAHER confirmed its acquisition of a majority 70% stake in SOCATA.[4] Daher acquired the remaining 30% of SOCATA from Airbus Group (formerly EADS) in June 2014.[5]

Products[edit]

EADS Socata TB 10 Tobago GT owned by Martinair flying school
EADS Socata TBM 850 at the Paris Air Show 2007
Aircraft currently being produced by Socata
Aircraft produced by Socata in the past
Aircraft that never entered production

References[edit]

  1. ^ Bertorelli, Paul (23 March 2015). "Daher Rebrands, Opens New Facility In Florida". AVweb. Retrieved 23 March 2015.
  2. ^ Forbes / Thomson Financial News (2008), EADS to complete partial Socata sale to Daher within days, article retrieved July 2, 2008.
  3. ^ "Final agreement between EADS and the Daher group for Daher to take a majority interest in EADS Socata". EADS. Retrieved 2008-11-04.
  4. ^ DAHER Group Confirms Signature of SOCATA Takeover Deal with EADS
  5. ^ AIRBUS GROUP REGISTRATION DOCUMENT 2014, p.23

External links[edit]