List of data recovery software
(Redirected from Data recovery software)
This article does not cite any sources. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The following is a list of notable data recovery software.
- AOMEI PE Builder: A freeware to create bootable environment based on Windows PE (Windows Preinstallation Environment) without installing AIK/WAIK
- BartPE: A lightweight variant of Microsoft Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 32 bit operating systems, similar to a Windows Preinstallation Environment, which can be run from a Live CD or Live USB drive. Discontinued.
- Finnix: A Debian-based LiveCD with a focus on being small and fast, useful for computer and data rescue
- Data Rescue 4: A bootable Mac OS X recovery DVD by Prosoft Engineering company, supports HFS and HFS+ file systems
- Data Rescue PC4: A Linux-based Live CD/Live USB with file recovery software by Prosoft Engineering company, supports FAT and NTFS file systems
- Disk Drill Basic: capable of creating bootable Mac OS X USB drives for data recovery
- Hiren's BootCD: A boot CD containing various diagnostic programs such as partitioning agents, system performance benchmarks, disk cloning and imaging tools, data recovery tools, MBR tools, BIOS tools, and many others for fixing various computer problems
- Knoppix: The original Linux Live CD. It contains many useful utilities for data recovery.
- SpinRite: A FreeDOS-based data recovery tool for hard disks and magnetic storage devices
- SystemRescueCD: A Gentoo based Live CD, useful for repairing unbootable computer systems and retrieving data after a system crash
- Trinity Rescue Kit: A free command-line Live CD Linux distribution created especially for rescuing Windows PCs
- Ultimate Boot CD for Windows: A Microsoft Windows XP Live CD with diagnostic and repair utilities built in, useful for removing malware and recovering data
- Windows Preinstallation Environment (WinPE): A customizable Microsoft Windows Boot DVD (made by Microsoft and distributed for free). Can be modified to boot to any of the programs listed.
- CHKDSK: A consistency checker for DOS and Windows systems
- Disk First Aid: A consistency checker for Mac OS 9
- Disk Utility: A consistency checker for Mac OS X
- fsck: A consistency checker for UNIX
- gparted: A GUI for GNU parted, the GNU partition editor, capable of calling fsck
- Wondershare Data Recovery: by Wondershare Co.Ltd, file recovery software for FAT16, FAT32, exFAT, NTFS, HFS+, APFS under Windows and Mac OS X
- MaxDataGenius: A Windows data recovery for FAT, exFAT, NTFS, HFS+, CDFS, ReFS, EXT2/3/4, ReiserFS, JFS, UFS, XFS, ZFS.
- IbidInfo Data Recovery: A One Stop Solution for Data Recovery.
- SysTools Data Recovery: A Complete Data Recovery Solution.
- SysInfoTools Windows Data Recovery Tool Recover and restore data from corrupt FAT & NTFS files
- CDRoller: Recovers data from optical discs
- Data Recovery Wizard: by EaseUS. Microsoft Windows file recovery utility
- Data Rescue PC4: Data recovery software by Prosoft Engineering company, for FAT and NTFS file systems
- Disk Drill Basic: Data recovery application for Mac OS X and Windows
- dvdisaster: Generates error-correction data for optical disc
- FileSalvage: A Mac OS X recovery program
- GetDataBack: A Windows recovery program
- Hetman Partition Recovery: The complete data drive recovery solution
- iRecover: Proprietary evaluationware, FAT, FAT32, NTFS, EXT2/3/4 XFS, RAID and NAS support
- IsoBuster: Recovers data from optical discs, USB sticks, Flash drives and Hard Drives
- Mac Data Recovery Guru: A Mac OS X data recovery program which works on USB sticks, optical media, and hard drives
- Norton Utilities: A suite of utilities that has a file recovery component
- PhotoRec: Multi-platform CLI program used to recover files
- Recover My Files: Proprietary evaluationware, Microsoft Windows 2000 & later, FAT, NTFS and HFS
- Recuva: Microsoft Windows 2000 & later, FAT and NTFS
- Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery: Data Recovery Utility for Microsoft Windows
- Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery: Data Recovery Utility for Mac Computers
- TestDisk: Multi-platform. Recover files and lost partitions
- TotalRecovery: Microsoft Windows. Bootable backup and recover system
- TuneUp Utilities: Microsoft Windows XP & later. A suite of utilities that has a file recovery component
- iOS Data Recovery: Recover all data on iPhone, iPad and iPod: contacts, messages, WhatsApp, photos, videos, music and so on
- SysTools Digital Forensic Tools
- Encase Data Recovery Recover, Repair and Restore lost data by detecting EWF Files
- EnCase: A suite of forensic tools developed by Guidance Software that is used for imaging and forensic analysis for UNIX, Linux, and Windows systems
- Foremost: An open-source CLI file recovery program, originally developed by the U.S. Air Force Office of Special Investigations and NPS Center for Information Systems Security Studies and Research
- Forensic Toolkit: by AccessData, used by law enforcement
- Open Computer Forensics Architecture: An open-source program running on Linux
- The Coroner's Toolkit: A suite of utilities aimed at assisting in forensic analysis of a UNIX system after a break-in
- The Sleuth Kit: Also known as TSK, The Sleuth Kit is a suite of forensic analysis tools developed by Brian Carrier for UNIX, Linux and Windows systems. TSK includes the Autopsy forensic browser.
- AOMEI OneKey Recovery: a utility to create custom recovery partition, recovers Operating System including all applications, drivers and all personal data to the initial state when the system backup image was made.
- Clonezilla: a free disk cloning, disk imaging, data recovery, and deployment boot disk
- CopyCatX: Originally a backup software, it is capable of creating images of damaged media
- ddrescue: an open-source tool similar to dd but with the ability to skip over and subsequently retry bad blocks on failing storage devices
- dd: common byte-to-byte cloning tool found on Unix-based systems