List of data recovery software
(Redirected from Data recovery software)
This article does not cite any sources. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The following is a list of notable data recovery software.
- Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery: This software come up with a bootable cd/dvd to recover data when windows system fails to boot.
- BartPE: A lightweight variant of Microsoft Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 32 bit operating systems, similar to a Windows Preinstallation Environment, which can be run from a Live CD or Live USB drive. Discontinued.
- Finnix: A Debian-based LiveCD with a focus on being small and fast, useful for computer and data rescue
- Data Rescue 4: A bootable Mac OS X recovery DVD by Prosoft Engineering company, supports HFS and HFS+ file systems
- Data Rescue PC4: A Linux-based Live CD/Live USB with file recovery software by Prosoft Engineering company, supports FAT and NTFS file systems
- Disk Drill Basic: capable of creating bootable Mac OS X USB drives for data recovery
- Hiren's BootCD: A boot CD containing various diagnostic programs such as partitioning agents, system performance benchmarks, disk cloning and imaging tools, data recovery tools, MBR tools, BIOS tools, and many others for fixing various computer problems
- Knoppix: The original Linux Live CD. It contains many useful utilities for data recovery.
- R-Studio: Bootable disk containing the full functionality of the data recovery software.
- SpinRite: A FreeDOS-based data recovery tool for hard disks and magnetic storage devices
- SystemRescueCD: A Gentoo based Live CD, useful for repairing unbootable computer systems and retrieving data after a system crash
- Trinity Rescue Kit: A free command-line Live CD Linux distribution created especially for rescuing Windows PCs
- Windows Preinstallation Environment (WinPE): A customizable Microsoft Windows Boot DVD (made by Microsoft and distributed for free). Can be modified to boot to any of the programs listed.
- CHKDSK: A consistency checker for DOS and Windows systems
- Disk First Aid: A consistency checker for Mac OS 9
- Disk Utility: A consistency checker for Mac OS X
- fsck: A consistency checker for UNIX
- gparted: A GUI for GNU parted, the GNU partition editor, capable of calling fsck
- Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery: Data Recovery Utility for Mac Computers
- CDRoller: Recovers data from optical discs
- Data Recovery Wizard: by EaseUS. Microsoft Windows file recovery utility
- Data Rescue PC4: Data recovery software by Prosoft Engineering company, for FAT and NTFS file systems
- Disk Drill Basic: Data recovery application for Mac OS X and Windows
- dvdisaster: Generates error-correction data for optical disc
- FileSalvage: A Mac OS X recovery program
- GetDataBack: A Windows recovery program
- Hetman Partition Recovery: The complete data drive recovery solution
- IsoBuster: Recovers data from optical discs, USB sticks, Flash drives and Hard Drives
- Mac Data Recovery Guru: A Mac OS X data recovery program which works on USB sticks, optical media, and hard drives
- Norton Utilities: A suite of utilities that has a file recovery component
- R-Studio: A GUI software running on Windows, Mac, and Linux, able to recover FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, exFAT, NTFS, NTFS5, ReFS / ReFS2+ (Resilient File System, Windows 2012/2016 Server), HFS/HFS+ and APFS (including encryption) (Macintosh), Little and Big Endian variants of UFS1/UFS2 (FreeBSD/OpenBSD/NetBSD/Solaris) and Ext2/Ext3/Ext4 FS (Linux), and rebuild RAID, both locally and remotely via network.
- Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery: Photo Recovery Utility for Mac & Windows Computers
- PhotoRec: Multi-platform CLI program used to recover files
- Recover My Files: Proprietary evaluationware, Microsoft Windows 2000 & later, FAT, NTFS and HFS
- Recuva: Microsoft Windows 2000 & later, FAT and NTFS
- Restorer Ultimate: Data Recovery Utility for Microsoft Windows and Mac Computers
- Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery: Data Recovery Utility for Microsoft Windows
- TestDisk: Multi-platform. Recover files and lost partitions
- TotalRecovery: Microsoft Windows. Bootable backup and recover system
- TuneUp Utilities: Microsoft Windows XP & later. A suite of utilities that has a file recovery component
- EnCase: A suite of forensic tools developed by Guidance Software that is used for imaging and forensic analysis for UNIX, Linux, and Windows systems
- Foremost: An open-source CLI file recovery program, originally developed by the U.S. Air Force Office of Special Investigations and NPS Center for Information Systems Security Studies and Research
- Forensic Toolkit: by AccessData, used by law enforcement
- Open Computer Forensics Architecture: An open-source program running on Linux
- The Coroner's Toolkit: A suite of utilities aimed at assisting in forensic analysis of a UNIX system after a break-in
- The Sleuth Kit: Also known as TSK, The Sleuth Kit is a suite of forensic analysis tools developed by Brian Carrier for UNIX, Linux and Windows systems. TSK includes the Autopsy forensic browser.
- Clonezilla: a free disk cloning, disk imaging, data recovery, and deployment boot disk
- CopyCatX: Originally a backup software, it is capable of creating images of damaged media
- ddrescue: an open-source tool similar to dd but with the ability to skip over and subsequently retry bad blocks on failing storage devices
- dd: common byte-to-byte cloning tool found on Unix-based systems