Jackson Township, Hardin County, Ohio
|Jackson Township, Hardin County, Ohio|
Wheat harvest outside of Forest
Location of Jackson Township, Hardin County, Ohio
|• Total||25.3 sq mi (65.6 km2)|
|• Land||25.3 sq mi (65.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||932 ft (284 m)|
|• Density||84.5/sq mi (32.6/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086262|
Jackson Township is one of the fifteen townships of Hardin County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 2,139 people in the township, 513 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the northerneastern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Delaware Township, Hancock County - north
- Richland Township, Wyandot County - northeast
- Jackson Township, Wyandot County - east
- Goshen Township - southeast
- Pleasant Township - southwest
- Blanchard Township - west
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Hardin County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates[permanent dead link] Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 16 May 2007.
- Kohler, Minnie Ichler (1910). A Twentieth Century History of Hardin County, Ohio: A Narrative Account of Its Historical Progress, Its People and Principal Interests,. Lewis Publishing Company. p. 42.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.