Diemen railway station
Diemen railway station in 2005
|Location||Van Gemertplein 1, Diemen
|Operated by||HSM (1868–1929)
|Connections||Bus lines 44, 357|
|Opened||1 August 1882, reopened 26 May 1974|
|Closed||1 January 1929|
Diemen (abbreviation: Dmn) is a railway station in Diemen in the Netherlands. The station is on the Amsterdam–Zutphen railway between Amsterdam Science Park and Weesp. The station was first opened in 1882 and then closed in 1929. It was reopened at the same location in 1974. The station building was completed in 1978. The train services are operated by NS. Among the direct destinations are Almere, Amersfoort, Amsterdam, Hilversum, Lelystad, Schiphol, and Zwolle. There are connections to two bus services operated by GVB.
The railway station is located at Diemen, which is part of the City Region of Amsterdam, in the south of the province of North Holland in the west of the Netherlands. It is situated on the Amsterdam–Zutphen railway between the railway stations Amsterdam Science Park and Weesp.in the town of
The hexagonal station building was completed in 1978. It is of the type Sextant, which was designed by Cees Douma. Sixteen buildings of this type have been built in the years 1968–1979, seven of which remain today.
The following local Sprinter train services each call at Diemen twice per hour in both directions:
- 4600: Amsterdam Centraal – Diemen – Almere Centrum – Lelystad Centrum – Zwolle
- 5800: Hoofddorp – Schiphol – Amsterdam Centraal – Diemen – Hilversum – Amersfoort – Amersfoort Vathorst
There are two bus connections at the station, which are both operated by Gemeentelijk Vervoerbedrijf (GVB):
- 44 (day service): Amsterdam Bijlmer ArenA – Diemen Zuid – Diemen – Diemen Noord
- 357 (night service): Amsterdam Centraal – Diemen – Bijlmermeer
- (Dutch) Spoorkaart Nederland, ProRail, 2013. Retrieved on 27 December 2014.
- (Dutch) Stationsgebouwen type sextant, Stationsweb. Retrieved on 27 December 2014.
- (Dutch) Station Diemen, Stationsweb. Retrieved on 27 December 2014.
- (Dutch) Hoofddorp–Schiphol/Amsterdam–Lelystad/Amersfoort, Nederlandse Spoorwegen. Retrieved on 27 December 2014.
- (Dutch) Halte Station Bijlmer ArenA - 44 naar Diemen Noord, Gemeentelijk Vervoerbedrijf. Retrieved on 27 December 2014.
- (Dutch) Halte Centraal Station - 357 naar Bijlmermeer, Gemeentelijk Vervoerbedrijf. Retrieved on 27 December 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Diemen (train station).|
- (Dutch) Station Diemen, train schedules and station facilities