|Municipality of Dimasalang|
Map of Masbate with Dimasalang highlighted
|Region||Bicol Region (Region V)|
|Barangays||20 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Michael Demph D. Naga|
|• Vice Mayor||Wilfredo D. Lim|
|• Congressman||Wilton T. Kho|
|• Electorate||14,835 voters (2016)|
|• Total||148.07 km2 (57.17 sq mi)|
|• Density||180/km2 (460/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)56|
|Climate type||tropical rainforest climate|
|Income class||4th municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||80.6 million (2016)|
|Native languages||Masbateño language|
In 1951 the barrios of Palanas, Nipa, Nabangig, Banco, Pina, Maanahao, Salvacion, Antipolo, Malatawan, Intusan, Miabas, San Antonio, Libtong, Malibas, Sta. Cruz, Bontod and Cabil-isan were separated to form the town of Palanas.
- Gregorio Alino (Pia-ong)
- San Vicente
- T.R. Yangco (Yanco)
|Population census of Dimasalang|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Dimasalang was 26,192 people, with a density of 180 inhabitants per square kilometre or 470 inhabitants per square mile.
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Masbate". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region V (Bicol Region)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "An Act Creating the Municipality of Palanas in the Province of Masbate". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-09.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region V (Bicol Region)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region V (Bicol Region)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Masbate". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a location in Bicol Region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|