This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Holding Company (Government-owned)|
Specialised Business Parks
|Founder||Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum|
Dubai Holding Corporate Office in Dubai,
|Revenue||US$4.57 billion (2016)|
Number of employees
|15,000 (including subsidiaries)|
Dubai Holding (Arabic: دبي القابضة) is a global investment holding company that develops and manages an extensive portfolio of companies focused on investments, financial services, real estate, specialized business parks, telecommunications and hospitality. Its majority shares are owned by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the Ruler of the Emirate of Dubai, and the primary founder of Dubai Inc.. Abdulla Al-Habbai has been chosen as chairman by Dubai ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum.
History of Key Projects and Initiatives
Dubai Holding was established in 2004, with the directive of managing key, large scale, Dubai projects and initiatives. Its aim is the development for a varied, and sustainable, future economy.
After this they developed key projects, such as:
- 2004: Madinat Jumeirah opened, as a themed Arabian resort.
- 2005: Dubai Studio City was announced.
- 2005: du launched in 2005, with the mission to connect people and businesses through mobile, telephone, broadband and IPTV services across the UAE.
- 2005: Dubai International Academic City opened.
- 2006: Emirates International Communications (EIT) launched in 2006, and invests in communication organisations across the Middle East, Europe, Africa and South Asia, including Interoute Communications Ltd.
- 2007: SmartCity launched in Kochi and Malta, creating purpose-built spaces for working and living.
- 2008: Jumeirah Beach Residence official opening.
- 2013: The Dubai Design District (d3)was created for the design community, both local and international.
- 2013: in5 launched to provide early stage companies with support, infrastructure and a working environment.
- 2014: Mall of the World was announced in 2014, to aligned with the Dubai Tourism Vision 2020.
- 2014: The Creative Community at d3 was announced in 2014, offering an outdoor space for creatives.
- 2014: The Innovation Hub was announced in 2014, and will focus on innovation across new media, technology, smart education and sciences coming from Dubai Media City and Dubai Internet City. Phase I will be launched in 2017.
Major business groups of Dubai Holding:
- Dubai Internet City
- Dubai Healthcare City
- Dubai Media City
- Dubai Studio City
- Dubai Knowledge Village
- Dubai Outsource Zone - A Free economic zone for outsourcing companies in Dubai.
- Dubai Industrial City
- Dubai Design District
- TECOM Group also invests in:
- Dubai Science Park
- eHosting Datafort - Internet hosting service for companies based in Dubai; provides services for IT security.
- Emirates Central Cooling Systems Corporation (EMPOWER) - A District Cooling Company
- Nexgen Advisory Group
- Energy Management Services (EMS)
4. Arab Media Group - New Media and Family Entertainment Vertical also managing:
6. Dubai Group is an investment company based in the United Arab Emirates. The company was founded in 2000 as the Investment Office, and was renamed Dubai Group in 2005. Through its companies, the group focuses on banking, investments and insurance in the United Arab Emirates and globally.
- "Operational progress drives Dubai Holding revenues up 16%". Gulf News. Retrieved 2017-12-26.
- "Dubai Holding Profile", Zawya.
- "Abdulla Al Habbai appointed as Dubai Holding chairman". www.connectedtoindia.com. Retrieved 2018-05-30.
- "Dubai Holding LLC: Private Company Information - Bloomberg". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2018-05-30.
- "Best of Dubai". books.google.com.
- "Complete Guide to Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai". uaecontact.com.
- "Studio City's Boutique Studios". gulfnews.com.
- "The Report: Dubai 2008 Studios". books.google.com.
- "Dubai Academic City". education.theemiratesnetwork.com.
- "Dubai Holding Profile". bloomberg.com.
- "Dubai Back Smart City Opens, Eyes 90,000 Tech Jobs by 2020". bloomberg.com.
- "Jumeirah Beach Residence Miami Right Here". gulfnews.com.
- "Construction Starts on 272m Phase 2 of Dubai Design District". arabianbusiness.com.
- "In5 start-up incubator launched in UAE". arabianbusiness.com.
- "Dubai's Mall of the World Development on the Move Again". thenational.ae.
- "Dubai Design District Phase Two and Three to be Ready by 2019 and 2021". thenational.ae.
- "Hamdan Launches Dubai Innovation Hub Initiative". thenational.ae.
- "Dubai Holding (L.L.C) (Dubai Holding) - Company Details on ZAWYA MENA Edition". www.zawya.com. Retrieved 2018-05-30.
- "Jumeriah Group Profile". zawya.com.
- "Contact Us". Dubaipropertiesgroup.ae. Retrieved 2013-07-09.
- Report, Staff. "Tecom Group rebrands two communities - Khaleej Times". www.khaleejtimes.com. Retrieved 2016-06-30.
- Bhatia, Neha. "TECOM Investments to rebrand at Cityscape Global | ConstructionWeekOnline.com". www.constructionweekonline.com. Retrieved 2016-06-30.
- "TECOM Brand Re-positioning Strategy |Creative Marketing & Branding Agency|Brash". www.brashbrands.com. Retrieved 2016-06-30.
- "Dubai International Capital Profile". bloomberg.com.
- "Zawya Dubai Group Profile". Archived from the original on February 23, 2009. Retrieved April 13, 2010.
- "Dubai Group: Private Company Information - Businessweek". Investing.businessweek.com. 2014-12-22. Retrieved 2015-04-16.
- "Emirates International Telecommunications Profile". zawya.com.