Mall of the World
Mall of the World is a project to build the largest shopping center of its kind in the world, which envisions a fully air conditioned city, comprising more than 4,500,000 square metres (48 million square feet). Mall of the World was originally announced in November 2012 and was planned to be the largest shopping mall in the world, to be located in Mohammed bin Rashid City, a mixed-use development in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. In August 2016, Dubai Holding announced Mall of the World would be relocated to Sheikh Mohammad bin Zayed Road. The original plan includes eight million square feet of shopping areas, the largest indoor game park in the world with a dome that can be opened during the winter time, and areas for theaters, cultural events, medical tourism, and about 20,000 hotel rooms. The mall is expected to be able to receive 180 million visitors annually.
- List of shopping malls in Dubai
- List of the world's largest shopping malls
- Mall of Arabia (Dubai) – in Mohammed bin Rashid City
- Mall of the Emirates
- "Mohammed Bin Rashid launches 'Mall of the World', a temperature-controlled pedestrian city in Dubai". 5 July 2014.
- "Mall of the World in Dubai". dubaifaqs.com. 8 July 2014.
- "Dubai's Mohammed Bin Rashid City: Collaboration with Universal Studios, over 100 hotel facilities: Will also boast largest mall in the world and park bigger than London's Hyde Park". Emirates 24/7. 26 November 2012.
- Mall of the World. Dubai Holding. 5 July 2014 – via YouTube.
- Press release – from Dubai Holding on 5 July 2014 "Mohammed Bin Rashid launches Mall of the World".
- "Dubai Holding appoints Chief Operating Officer of Mall of the World: Morgan Parker to lead Mall of the World, the upcoming large-scale, mixed-use district situated in the centre of Dubai" (Press release). 8 September 2015.
- Dubai’s Dh25 billion Mall of the World development on the move again - The National 1 September 2016