Eric Douglas Saumarez, 7th Baron de Saumarez
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2012)|
|Eric Douglas Saumarez|
|Born||Eric Douglas Saumarez
13 August 1956
Eric Douglas Saumarez, 7th Baron de Saumarez (13 August 1956 – present) is a British hereditary peer.
Eric Douglas Saumarez, 7th Baron de Saumarez is the son of James Victor Broke Saumarez, 6th Baron de Saumarez and Joan Beryl Charlton. He married, firstly, Christine Elizabeth Halliday, daughter of Bernard Neil Halliday, on 14 July 1982. They divorced in 1990. He later married Susan Hearn, daughter of Joseph Hearn on 2 September 1991. He has two children the Hon. Claire Saumarez b. 23 Feb 1984 and the Hon. Emily Saumarez b. 14 Jun 1985.
Eric Douglas Saumarez, 7th Baron de Saumarez was educated at Milton Abbey School, Milton Abbas, Dorset, England. He was educated at Nottingham University, England. He also attended Royal Agricultural College, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, England.
Baron de Saumarez, of Island of Guernsey, is a title in the Peerage of the United Kingdom. It was created on 15 September 1831 for the prominent naval commander Admiral Sir James Saumarez, 1st Baronet. He had already been created a Baronet, of Guernsey, on 13 June 1801. Lord de Saumarez was succeeded by his eldest son James, the second Baron, a clergyman. The second Baron was succeeded by his younger brother, John, the third Baron. As of 2009 the titles are held by his great-great-grandson, the seventh Baron, who succeeded his father in 1991. Although being born and brought up in Suffolk, in 2006 Lord de Saumarez returned to Guernsey. The Sausmarez Manor Estate in Guernsey belongs to a distant branch of the Barons de Saumarez.
Barons de Saumarez (1831)
- James Saumarez, 1st Baron de Saumarez (1757–1836)
- James Saumarez, 2nd Baron de Saumarez (1789–1863)
- John St Vincent Saumarez, 3rd Baron de Saumarez (1806–1891)
- James St Vincent Saumarez, 4th Baron de Saumarez (1843–1937)
- James St Vincent Broke Saumarez, 5th Baron de Saumarez (1889–1969)
- James Victor Broke Saumarez, 6th Baron de Saumarez (1924–1991)
- Eric Douglas Saumarez, 7th Baron de Saumarez (born 1956)
The heir presumptive is the present holder's younger twin brother the Hon. Victor Thomas Saumarez (born 1956)
- Kidd, Charles, Williamson, David (editors). Debrett's Peerage and Baronetage (1990 edition). New York: St Martin's Press, 1990.
- Leigh Rayment's Peerage Pages [self-published source][better source needed]