|Motto||For God and For You|
|Affiliation||Churches of Christ|
|President||Michael D. Williams|
|Location||Montgomery, Alabama, U.S.
|Campus||Urban, 74 acres (0.30 km2)|
|Athletics||NAIA – SSAC
MSC (football only)
Faulkner University is a private Christian university, located in Montgomery, Alabama, US, and affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University was founded in 1942 as Montgomery Bible School. In 1953 the school's name was changed to Alabama Christian College (ACC). In 1965, the college was moved to its present location on Atlanta Highway. The year 1975 marked the beginning of the school's satellite campuses in Mobile, Huntsville and Birmingham. In 1985, the school was renamed Faulkner University in honor of Dr. James H. Faulkner, Sr., a longtime supporter and chairman of the board.
Faulkner University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate, baccalaureate, master’s, a doctorate in humanities, a doctorate in biblical studies, and juris doctor degrees.
Faulkner participates in the NAIA. Sports for men include baseball, basketball, football, golf and soccer. Sports for women include basketball, golf, soccer, softball and volleyball. Most sports participate within the Southern States Athletic Conference, while football participates in the Mid-South Conference's sun division, starting with the 2016 season. Faulkner formerly also competed in the NCCAA, winning the national championship in baseball in 2001.
Notable alumni and faculty
- Bobby Bright – United States Congressman from Alabama
- Marcus Brimage – professional Mixed Martial Artist, current UFC Bantamweight
- Allison Garrett – Associate Professor of Law (2004–07)
- Michael A. O'Donnell – Assistant Professor of Family Studies, Dean of Professional Studies
Faulkner operates the Thomas Goode Jones School of Law, with between 200 and 300 students. The school of law was provisionally accredited by the American Bar Association in 2006, and fully accredited in 2009.
Faulkner University is one of a handful of high-learning institutions in the United States that still teaches from the canon of literature known as the Great Books of the Western World and whose program is recognized among the 25 best in that arena. Students attending Faulkner University are able to obtain a low-residency Master's degree or a PhD in the Humanities through the university’s Honors College.
- As of June 30, 2015. "U.S. and Canadian Institutions Listed by Fiscal Year (FY) 2015 Endowment Market Value and Change in Endowment Market Value from FY 2014 to FY 2015" (PDF). National Association of College and University Business Officers and Commonfund Institute. Retrieved 2016-04-23.
- Faulkner 2015 Brand Standards & Guidelines (PDF). Retrieved 2016-04-23.
- "sacs members" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on July 25, 2011.
- Wilson, Michael (25 February 2016). "Local teams officially join Mid-South football conference". The Lakeland Ledger. Retrieved 27 February 2016.
- "Members". Thesunconference.com. Retrieved 11 November 2015.
- "Faulkner announces resignation of football coach, athletic director Brent Barker". 12 June 2014. Retrieved 20 February 2017.
- "BRIGHT, Bobby Neal, Sr., (1952 – )". Biographical Directory of the United States Congress. Retrieved February 2, 2013.
- "Marcus Brimage UFC Profile". Ultimate Fighting Championship. Archived from the original on July 16, 2017.
- "Faulkner University, Thomas Goode Jones School of Law". National Jurist. Archived from the original on March 25, 2017.
- Zaretsky, Staci (July 24, 2015). "Lafayette Movie Theater Gunman Was A Law School Graduate". Above the Law. Archived from the original on August 27, 2016.
- "Faulkner University, Thomas Goode Jones School of Law". Law School Admission Council. Archived from the original on August 17, 2017.
- Matheny, J. Randal. "Faulkner University Forms New Graduate School of Theology, Honors F. Furman Kearley". Brotherhood News. Archived from the original on July 10, 2017.
- "Faulkner University". Education Corner. Archived from the original on February 2, 2017.
- "The 25 Best Great Books Programs". Best College Reviews. Archived from the original on June 29, 2017.
- "Master of Arts in Humanities". Faulkner University. Archived from the original on July 7, 2017.
- "Doctor of Philosophy in Humanities". Faulkner University. Archived from the original on July 8, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Faulkner University.|