Floyd E. Kellam High School
|Floyd E. Kellam High School|
|2665 West Neck Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23456
|School type||Public, high school|
|School district||Virginia Beach City Public Schools|
|Superintendent||Dr. Aaron C. Spence|
|Principal||Dr. Daniel W. Smith|
|Color(s)||Black, Gold, and White|
|Athletics conference||Virginia High School League
|Rival||Landstown High School|
|Communities served||Pungo, Princess Anne, Sandbridge|
|Feeder schools||Princess Anne Middle School Landstown Middle School|
Floyd E. Kellam High School is a public high school in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Located in the city's southern section, in Princess Anne the school first opened in 1962, named after judge Floyd Eaton Kellam. Kellam High School serves a large portion of the city of Virginia Beach, with the attendance boundary extending south to the North Carolina border. The student population is 82 percent Caucasian students, 9 percent African-American students, 5 percent Hispanic, and 3 percent Asian/Pacific Islander students. Kellam High moved into a brand new, state-of-the-art facility in 2014.
Floyd Kellam High School is fully accredited under Virginia's Standards of Learning program. The school is the third-oldest in Virginia Beach, next to Princess Anne High School and Frank W. Cox High School. Kellam has also been a blue ribbon school in the Fine Arts Department for the years 2006 and 2007.
- Dr. Daniel W. Smith – Principal
- Mrs. Angelita Isom – Assistant Principal
- Ms. Carrie Pierce – Assistant Principal
- Dr. Christopher Jones – Assistant Principal
- Mr. Todd Sherman – Assistant Principal
- Mr. Jim Moxey – Student Activities Coordinator
- Ms. Lisa Long – School Improvement Specialist
- Ms. Amanda Hansen – Guidance Director
This section does not cite any sources. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Virginia state championships:
- 1994 Gymnastics
- 2005 Girls' Soccer
- 2006 Gymnastics
- 2007 Softball
- 2010 Gymnastics
- 2010 Boys' Golf
- 2010 Girls' Volleyball
- 2011 Girls' Volleyball (perfect season)
- 2012 Girls' Volleyball (3peat) (Only school in the state of Virginia to win the same three titles in the same sport
- 2013 Gymnastics
- 2016 Gymnastics
- Ian Thomas, Atlanta Braves
- 1971 Herbert Scott, Dallas Cowboys
- 1989 Matt Williams, Milwaukee Brewers
- 2002 Ryan Zimmerman, Washington Nationals
- "Floyd Kellam High". Retrieved September 23, 2017.
- "About Our School". Kellam High School. Retrieved 14 June 2006.
- "Virginia Department of Education Report Card: Floyd Kellam High School" (pdf). Virginia Department of Education. Retrieved 2009-03-29.
- "Kellam grad Ian Thomas makes Atlanta Braves' roster". Virginian-Pilot. March 30, 2014. Retrieved March 31, 2014.
- Miller, Ed (May 11, 2013). "Kellam grad rides a rocky road to minor league stardom". Virginian-Pilot. Retrieved March 31, 2014.
- "Herbert Scott". Pro Football Archives. Retrieved March 31, 2014.
- "Matt Williams Statistics and History". Baseball Reference. Retrieved March 31, 2014.
- Clemmons, Anna Katherine (December 24, 2009). "Zimmerman mostly unknown commodity". ESPN the Magazine. ESPN.com. Retrieved March 31, 2014.