GNU Find Utilities
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
4.6.0 / December 28, 2015
The GNU Find Utilities or findutils is a GNU package which offers basic file searching utilities to search the systems directories of GNU- and Unix-based computers. It contains implementations of the tools find, locate, updatedb, and xargs. However, locate and updatedb has been split off into a separate package in latest versions in various Linux distributions.
Programs included in findutils
- find – search for files in a directory hierarchy
- locate – list files in databases that match a pattern
- updatedb – update a file name database
- xargs – build and execute command lines from standard input
- "Findutils Project Page". Free Software Foundation.
|This Unix-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|