GNU Find Utilities
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
4.6.0 / December 28, 2015
The GNU Find Utilities or findutils is a GNU package which offers basic file searching utilities to search the systems directories of GNU and Unix based computers. It contains implementations of the tools find, locate, updatedb, and xargs. However, locate and updatedb has been split off into a separate package in latest versions in various Linux distributions.
Programs included in findutils
- find - search for files in a directory hierarchy
- locate - list files in databases that match a pattern
- updatedb - update a file name database
- xargs - build and execute command lines from standard input
- "Findutils Project Page". Free Software Foundation.
|This Unix-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|