Monthly Shōnen Sunday
||This article needs to be updated. (December 2013)|
Cover of first issue, featuring characters from the Adachi series Q and A which debuted in this issue.
|First issue||June 2009|
Monthly Shōnen Sunday (Japanese: 月刊少年サンデー Hepburn: Gekkan Shōnen Sandē), alternately known as Get the Sun (ゲッサン Gessan), is a monthly shōnen manga magazine published in Japan by Shogakukan since 12 May 2009 (the June 2009 issue). The magazine was announced in February 2009, with Hayashi Masato, at that time editor of Weekly Shōnen Sunday, editing the monthly magazine as well.
The manga magazine has a target demographic of late teens to early twenties, similar to that of Jump Square.
|Title||Author||Illustrator||First issue||Last issue||Notes|
|Kai, Sasu.||Hirokatsu Sahara||Junji Itō||June 2009|
|Time Mail||Tōichirō Kujira||Hiroto Ōishi||June 2009|
- "Boy's Manga". Japanese Magazine Publishers Association (in Japanese). September 2015. Retrieved July 26, 2016.
- "Boy's Manga" (in Japanese). Japanese Magazine Publishers Association. September 2016. Retrieved November 6, 2016.
- "Shogakukan to Launch Monthly Shonen Sunday Mag in Japan". Anime News Network. 2009-02-27. Retrieved 2009-06-10.
- Ichihara, Takenori (June 2009). "Approaching the first issue (創刊によせて Sōkan ni yosete)". Monthly Shōnen Sunday. 1: 753.
- "Kekkaishi's Tanabe to Start Manga in Monthly Shonen Sunday". Anime News Network. 2009-03-11. Retrieved 2009-06-10.
- Ichihara, Takenori (August 2009). "Get The Sun Rookie Bulletin Board". Monthly Shōnen Sunday. 3: 494.