Go Home (song)
|Single by Stevie Wonder|
|from the album In Square Circle|
|Genre||R&B, dance-pop, synthpop|
|Length||Album version 5:18
7" version 4:18
12" version 9:22
|Stevie Wonder singles chronology|
"Go Home" is a 1985 hit single performed by Stevie Wonder. The song showcased the narrator's plea to a young woman to go home, though the girl tries to get the narrator to stay with her. In the U.S., the song peaked at #2 on the R&B chart and reached #10 on the pop singles chart and, to date, is Wonder's last song to reach the U.S. top ten on the Hot 100. "Go Home" also topped both the dance chart and the Adult Contemporary chart.
Stevie performed this song as early as the 7 May 1983 episode of Saturday Night Live and nearly two years later at the 1985 Grammy Awards Ceremony in Los Angeles, California, in the famous synthesizer jam with other contemporaries Howard Jones, Herbie Hancock, and Thomas Dolby.
|UK Singles (The Official Charts Company)||67|
|US Billboard Hot 100||10|
|US Billboard R&B Singles||2|
|US Billboard Hot Adult Contemporary||1|
|Belgium Music chart||25|
- List of number-one dance singles of 1986 (U.S.)
- List of number-one adult contemporary singles of 1986 (U.S.)
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Top R&B/Hip-Hop Singles: 1942-2004. Record Research. p. 636.
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Hot Dance/Disco: 1974-2003. Record Research. p. 283.
- Whitburn, Joel (2002). Top Adult Contemporary: 1961-2001. Record Research. p. 263.
- YouTube: "Synthesizer Medley at the 1985 Grammys"
- "Groovopolis overview". Allmusic.com.
- "Jazz Improv". ChrisCortez.net.