Goshen Township, Clermont County, Ohio
|Goshen Township, Clermont County, Ohio|
Suburban development at the community of Goshen
Location of Goshen Township in Clermont County
|• Total||34.2 sq mi (88.6 km2)|
|• Land||34.1 sq mi (88.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.2 sq mi (0.4 km2)|
|Elevation||850 ft (259 m)|
|• Density||455/sq mi (175.6/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085863|
Located in the northern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Harlan Township, Warren County - northeast
- Wayne Township - east
- Stonelick Township - south
- Miami Township - west
- Hamilton Township, Warren County - northwest
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Goshen township, Clermont County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 16, 2015.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.