The official logo of Guelph Pride
|Headquarters||Guelph, Ontario, Canada|
Chair of the Committee
Organized by the Guelph Pride Committee with the assistance of Out on the Shelf, the city's local LGBT library and resource centre, the event takes place in May each year. The event generally takes place as the first Pride celebration in the Southern Ontario region each summer.
Held for the first time in 2003, the event celebrated its 10th anniversary in 2013. Prior to the launch of its own Pride festival, Guelph held events as part of Waterloo Region's tri-Pride. tri-Pride and its former name Waterloo-Wellington Regional Pride Committee with a number of community partners assisted with the transition to create Guelph's own pride festival committee  In 2013, the organization also launched Winter Pride, a smaller separate program of events which takes place in February.
The organization is well-supported by community leaders. Former mayor Karen Farbridge has officiated the official raising of the rainbow flag to kick off the event, and Liz Sandals, the city's provincial MPP, has also attended events and supported the organization.
The organization also works to help build and develop LGBT resources throughout Southwestern Ontario; in 2011, they donated several hundred books to the Thames Art Gallery in Chatham to help build a local LGBT library and archive.
Unlike many larger pride festivals, Guelph Pride does not currently hold a parade, instead focusing on a more modest program of family and community events. Its weeklong program of events currently culminates in an afternoon family fair at the city's West End Community Centre on the final weekend, followed by a pride dance in the evening.
- "Home". Guelph Pride. Retrieved 2016-07-23.
- "Guelph seniors centre hosts Pride Week discussion". Guelph Mercury, May 9, 2013.
- "Taking pride in diversity". The Ontarion, February 13, 2013.
- "Pride flag hoisted at Guelph city hall to officially launch Pride Week"[permanent dead link]. MSN Canada, May 7, 2013.
- "Prides to watch out for". Xtra!, May 29, 2009.
- "It takes a village to raise a Pride". Xtra!, May 29, 2003.
- "Pride Week takes flight in city; Mayor on hand to fly rainbow flag". Guelph Mercury, May 27, 2008.
- "Pride picnic revival planned". The Record, May 29, 2006.
- "Exhibit takes a look at local LGBTQ history, culture". Chatham This Week, December 7, 2011.
|This article about an organization in Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender topics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|