LGBT culture in Vancouver
This article provides insufficient context for those unfamiliar with the subject.June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)(
Vancouver's LGBT community is centered around Davie Village. Historically, LGBT people have also gathered in the Chinatown and Gastown neighborhoods. Former establishments include Dino's Turkish Baths, a gay bathhouse on Hastings, and the city's first drag bar, BJ's, on Pender Street.
LGBT-oriented companies in Vancouver include Little Sister's Book and Art Emporium.
LGBT events in Vancouver include:
- Pride Week 1973
- Queer Arts Festival
- Vancouver Pride Festival, annual LGBTQ+ pride event
- Vancouver Queer Film Festival
The annual Gay Men's Health Summit is hosted by Vancouver's Community-Based Research Centre for Gay Men's Health (CBRC).
LGBT organizations based in Vancouver include:
- B.C. Gay and Lesbian Archives
- Dancing to Eagle Spirit Society
- Gay Alliance Toward Equality
- Greater Vancouver Native Cultural Society (GVNCS Two-Spirit Society)
- Kiss and Tell collective
- Our City of Colours
- Pinoy Pride Vancouver
- Q Hall of Fame Canada
- Rainbow Refugee
- Salaam Vancouver
- Sher Vancouver
- Trikone Vancouver 
- Vancouver Gay Liberation Front
- Vancouver Pride Society
- Yad b’Yad LGBTQ
- "Gay footsteps through time". Daily Xtra. 2006-08-01. Retrieved 2017-06-11.
- "B.C. LGBT resource centre Qmunity finally ends decades-long search for new Vancouver location". Straight.com. 2017-05-19. Retrieved 2017-06-11.
- "Gay Men's Health Summit 2017 to explore HIV prevention beyond just sex". Straight.com. 2017-06-06. Retrieved 2017-06-11.
- Takeuchi, Craig (July 28, 2016). "From South Asian to Jewish Canadians: Metro Vancouver's LGBT cultural organizations and groups". The Georgia Straight. Retrieved June 10, 2017.
- "Vancouver, Toronto LGBT organizations launch emergency response to Chechnya gay prison camps". Straight.com. 2017-04-19. Retrieved 2017-06-11.
- "Longtime Vancouver LGBT activists speak up for police presence at Pride parade". CBC News. 2017-02-20. Retrieved 2017-06-11.
- "LGBTQ community". City of Vancouver.
- Peeples, Jase (May 15, 2014). "A Definitive Gay Guide to Vancouver, B.C." Out Traveler.
- Ferber, Lawrence (July 3, 2015). "An LGBT Guide to Vancouver, Canada's Most Gay-Friendly City". Condé Nast Traveler.