Harrisburg University of Science and Technology
Logo of Harrisburg University
|Chairman||Robert M. Scaer, P.E.|
|President||Eric D. Darr, Ph.D.|
|Provost||Bili S. Mattes, D.Ed.|
|Location||Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Harrisburg University of Science & Technology is a four-year private non-profit university in Pennsylvania's capital, Harrisburg. The school was founded in 2001, opened its doors in 2005, and first accredited in 2009. As of September 1, 2016, the University has 500 undergraduate, 3,600 graduate students and 150 full-time faculty and staff.
Academics and student life
The University partners with many local civic organizations for student clubs and activities, such as the Harrisburg Young Professionals (HYP). HU students receive free membership in the organization, which involves students in various community programs.
The university only has 1 academic building. Although the school does not have a cafeteria, students in the apartment housing have complete kitchens in each room. Many often eat at Strawberry Square, a food court and shopping area located close by the school. The university's academic center along with housing are all located in urban downtown Harrisburg. The university is within walking distance of the Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts, which provides numerous cultural events for students.
Harrisburg University is accredited by the Middle States Commission of Higher Education.
15 Years Since Its Founding
The University has faced challenges in the 10 years of welcoming students but it has turned itself around in recent years. News articles highlighting its progress: The University enrolled its largest class of undergraduate students in its history for fall 2016. The University has not raised its tuition in four years.  The University reaffirmed its accreditation.  University on Solid Financial Ground!  10 Year Anniversary Events Highlight Bright Future!  University Helps Attract New Businesses to Downtown!  University launches Degree Programs in Management & eBusiness, Digital Marketing, and Business Analytics. Market-Facing Majors Hit Spotlight. 
An aggregated source of criticism was watchinghu.com , which was run by the husband of a former professor of Harrisburg University. Along with this, Harrisburg University had faced a financial crisis, rapidly rising tuition rates and problems with retaining accreditation.
- "Middle States Commission on Higher Education: Harrisburg University of Science and Technology". Retrieved 2015-11-30.
- "Harrisburg University: HU at a Glance". Retrieved 2015-11-30.
- "Harrisburg University: Board of Trustees". Retrieved 2015-11-30.
- "Harrisburg University: Eric D. Darr, Ph.D.". Retrieved 2015-11-30.
- "Harrisburg University: Bili S. Mattes, D.Ed.". Retrieved 2015-11-30.
- "Harrisburg University Student Life". Harrisburg University. Retrieved 2010-07-23.
- PennLive August 28, 2016
- PennLive June 22, 2016
- PennLive March 8, 2016
- PennLive November 19, 2015
- Central Penn Business Journal
- Central Penn Business Journal, March 10, 2016
- Fox 43 April 11, 2016
- "Dismiss ex-professor's lawsuit, Harrisburg University leaders ask federal judge". PennLive.com. Retrieved 2016-05-29.
- "Harrisburg University: Will it survive financial struggle?". PennLive.com. Retrieved 2016-05-29.
- "Tuition revenue triples for Harrisburg University as it marks 10th anniversary". PennLive.com. Retrieved 2016-05-29.
- "Harrisburg University placed on probation by accrediting agency". PennLive.com. Retrieved 2016-05-29.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.|