Harrisburg University of Science and Technology
Logo of Harrisburg University
|Chairman||J. Randall Grespin|
|President||Eric D. Darr, Ph.D.|
|Provost||Bili S. Mattes, D.Ed.|
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States|
Harrisburg University of Science & Technology is a private university in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. The school was founded in 2001, opened in 2005, and first accredited in 2009.
Harrisburg University has 10 undergraduate and 11 graduate programs in science and technology-related disciplines. The university follows a trimester system. Programs are offered at the academic center located on the main campus in downtown Harrisburg. Some programs are also offered at the Harrisburg University location in Philadelphia, while others are offered only online.
The university offers many professional education programs and centers in partnership with businesses and local government.
- Government Technology Institute
- Security Center of Excellence
- Agile Lean Center
- Center for Advanced Entertainment and Learning Technologies
- Geospatial Technology Center
The university's housing is located close to campus in downtown Harrisburg. Housing is offered to undergraduate students and consists of the Residences on Market and Market View Place. The university is located near the Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts, and the State Museum of Pennsylvania. The university is also a half block from the state capitol of Pennsylvania, and a brief walk to the riverfront. Fitness and dining facilities are leveraged by Strawberry Square. In 2017, the University opened a satellite campus in Philadelphia. The University fields an Esports varsity team.
Harrisburg University is accredited by the Middle States Commission of Higher Education. In 2017, the M.S. in Project Management earned accreditation from the Project Management Institute.
An aggregated source of criticism was run by the husband of a former professor of Harrisburg University. Along with this, Harrisburg University had faced a financial crisis, and problems with retaining accreditation.
- "Middle States Commission on Higher Education: Harrisburg University of Science and Technology". Retrieved 2015-11-30.
- "Harrisburg University: HU at a Glance". Retrieved 2015-11-30.
- "Harrisburg University: Board of Trustees". Retrieved 2015-11-30.
- "Harrisburg University: Eric D. Darr, Ph.D." Retrieved 2015-11-30.
- "Harrisburg University: Bili S. Mattes, D.Ed". Retrieved 2015-11-30.
- "Undergraduate Students | Harrisburg University". Harrisburg University. 2015-06-15. Retrieved 2017-11-22.
- "Graduate Programs | Harrisburg University". Harrisburg University. 2017-06-29. Retrieved 2017-11-22.
- "Professional Development & Continuing Education Programs – Harrisburg University". professionaled.harrisburgu.edu. Retrieved 2017-11-22.
- "Dismiss ex-professor's lawsuit, Harrisburg University leaders ask federal judge". PennLive.com. Retrieved 2016-05-29.
- "Harrisburg University: Will it survive financial struggle?". PennLive.com. Retrieved 2016-05-29.
- "Harrisburg University placed on probation by accrediting agency". PennLive.com. Retrieved 2016-05-29.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.|