Hillsdale (NJT station)
|Owned by||New Jersey Transit|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Connections||Rockland Coaches: 11|
|Parking||Yes (permit required)|
|Station code||781 (Erie Railroad)|
|Opened||March 4, 1870|
|Passengers (2012)||353 (average weekday)|
Location in Bergen County, New Jersey
|Location||Broadway and Hillsdale Avenue, Hillsdale, New Jersey|
|Area||less than one acre|
|Architect||Post & Camp|
|Architectural style||Second Empire, Stick/Eastlake|
|MPS||Operating Passenger Railroad Stations TR|
|NRHP Reference #||84002566|
|Added to NRHP||June 22, 1984|
|Designated NJRHP||March 17, 1984|
Hillsdale Station is a New Jersey Transit rail station on the Pascack Valley Line. The station is in Hillsdale, Bergen County, New Jersey, United States, and is located at Broadway and Hillsdale Avenue.
This line runs to the Secaucus Junction transfer station for NJ Transit connecting service to New York Penn Station. After Secaucus the line terminates at Hoboken Terminal. Connections are available at the Hoboken Terminal to other NJ Transit rail lines, the PATH train, New York Waterways ferry service to the World Financial Center and Hudson-Bergen Light Rail service.
The original station house, built 1869 as the terminus and headquarters of the New Jersey and New York Railroad, is included on the List of Registered Historic Places in New Jersey. A large train yard once existed in the area of what is now Kings Super Markets.
|1||■ Pascack Valley Line||toward Spring Valley (Woodcliff Lake)|
|■ Pascack Valley Line||toward Hoboken (Westwood)|
The station has one track and one low-level side platform.
Permit parking is operated by the Borough of Hillsdale. Four permit parking lots area available, with 170, 14, 15 and 69 spots, respectively. Permits may be obtained through the Borough of Hillsdale.
A dozen non-permit spaces are available for $2.00 per day, payable in a yellow collection box at the station.
- "List of Station Names and Numbers". Jersey City, New Jersey: Erie Railroad. May 1, 1916. Retrieved November 23, 2010.
- "QUARTERLY RIDERSHIP TRENDS ANALYSIS". New Jersey Transit. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 27, 2012. Retrieved January 4, 2013.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2009-03-13.
- "New Jersey and National Registers of Historic Places - Bergen County" (PDF). New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection - Historic Preservation Office. April 1, 2010. p. 10. Retrieved September 24, 2010.
- NJT rail station information page for Hillsdale
- DepartureVision real time train information for Hillsdale
- Pascack Valley Line schedule
- Borough of Hillsdale
- Station from Hillside Avenue from Google Maps Street View