Former brewery in Hilvarenbeek
Location in North Brabant
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Harrie Nuijten (acting) (PvdA)|
|• Total||96.49 km2 (37.25 sq mi)|
|• Land||94.93 km2 (36.65 sq mi)|
|• Water||1.56 km2 (0.60 sq mi)|
|Elevation||18 m (59 ft)|
|• Density||162/km2 (420/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
The municipality of Hilvarenbeek also includes the following villages with their own churches:
In addition, the following parts were historically separate, but are nowadays more like neighbourhoods: Beerten, Driehuizen, Dun, Gorp, Groenstraat, Groot Loo, Grote Voort, Hoog Spul, Hoogeind, Klein Loo, Kleine Voort, Laag Spul, Rovert, Slibbroek and Westerwijk.
Dutch Topographic map of the municipality of Hilvarenbeek, June 2015.
- Johannes Goropius Becanus (1519 in Gorp – 1572) a Dutch physician, linguist, and humanist
- Martinus Becanus (1563 in Hilvarenbeek – 1624) a Jesuit priest, theologian and controversialist 
- Jacques Thomassen (born 1945 in Diessen) a Dutch organizational theorist and academic
- Henny Vrienten (born 1948 in Hilvarenbeek) a Dutch composer of TV and film scores 
- Annie Abrahams (born 1954 in Hilvarenbeek) a Dutch performance artist in video installations and the internet
- Henk Baars (born 1960 in Diessen) a former professional Dutch cyclo-cross cyclist
- Ronald van Raak (born 1969 in Hilvarenbeek) a Dutch politician, non-fiction writer and former academic
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 5081CA". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Archived from the original on 21 September 2013. Retrieved 29 May 2014.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 1 January 2019. Retrieved 1 January 2019.
- Catholic Encyclopedia, Volume 2 (1913), Martin Becan retrieved 05 October 2019
- IMDb Database retrieved 08 February 2020
|This North Brabant location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|