Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Song by John Lennon|
|from the album Imagine|
|Released||9 September 1971 (US) |
8 October 1971 (UK)
|Recorded||25 May–5 July 1971|
|Producer(s)||John Lennon, Yoko Ono, and Phil Spector|
- John Lennon – vocals, piano
- Nicky Hopkins – piano
- Klaus Voormann – bass guitar
- John Barham – vibraphone
- Andy Davis – acoustic guitar
- Alan White – drums
- The Flux Fiddlers – strings
- The song was covered by the band Stereophonics as a B-side to the song "Handbags and Gladrags".
- The song was covered by English singer Julie Covington on her 1978 eponymous album.
- Ozzy Osbourne released a cover of this song in support of Amnesty International during the same week John Lennon would have become 70. He recorded a music video on the streets of New York to promote the single. Osbourne has previously stated that Lennon's song "Imagine" (from the same album as "How?") was an inspiration for Osbourne's own song "Dreamer".
- The song was covered by American singer/songwriter Amy LaVere on her 2014 record Runaway's Diary.
- Madinger, Chip; Raile, Scott (2015). LENNONOLOGY Strange Days Indeed - A Scrapbook Of Madness. Chesterfield, MO: Open Your Books, LLC. pp. 239, 247. ISBN 978-1-63110-175-5.
- Christgau, Robert (1981). "John Lennon: Imagine". Christgau's Record Guide: Rock Albums of the Seventies. Ticknor & Fields. ISBN 0899190251. Retrieved 2 November 2018.
- "How?". The Beatles Bible. 3 August 2010. Retrieved 21 July 2017.
- Legendary heavy metal singer Ozzy Osbourne has recorded a cover version of John Lennon's "How?" to benefit Amnesty International. The track is being released today (Tuesday, October 5) via iTunes.
- "Ozzy Osbourne Sings John Lennon in Charity Video » Cover Me". Covermesongs.com. 2010-10-06. Retrieved 2011-09-09.
|This article about a song by one or more members of the Beatles is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|